S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

totaled car.. undecided on what now

Old 05-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out the JDM Tuning forum in s2ki...it really should be renamed the NA Tuning forum. You can read about many different options...stroke/bore upgrades, bolt-ons, ITBs, etc. Good place to start researching your shopping list.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the S and Rx-7's, both are fun. If you want a reliable car its the S hands down. You can DD the 7 a lot of people do, just keep in mind they are a lot of up keep and if you can't afford the time and cash to rebuild them ever 60k miles don't worry about the 7. If this was going to be just a fun tuner car and you got plenty of money to play with you might like the 7. I was in your shoes about 6 months ago and I choose the S and I haven't regreted it. It does cost a hell of a lot more for HP gains like people said.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=fexterz11,May 21 2007, 11:10 AM]I think if you drive the Suby and the S2000 both, back to back, the choice will be obvious. My advice would be this. Drive them both, and if the S2000 doesn't totally convince you that it's all right and the Suby is totally wrong, then buy the Suby. If you have any doubts, buy the Suby. The two cars are so different that I think a drive will make the decision for you
Old 05-21-2007, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by negcamber,May 21 2007, 01:05 PM
Check out the JDM Tuning forum in s2ki...it really should be renamed the NA Tuning forum. You can read about many different options...stroke/bore upgrades, bolt-ons, ITBs, etc. Good place to start researching your shopping list.
LOL, I hardly ever even go to the JDM forum, but if they changed the name to NA I might become a regular.

Negcamber is right about all the best info on NA tuning being in the JDM forum.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:11 PM

R3DMX5 thanks again for the info.. u clarified alot of my questions out of one shot. i know what you ment about the plataforms.. and about finding space for the extra stuff, i think it will be wasy compared to the suby.. that is a full engine base from stock. i talked to a couple of my sponsors and they told me that the RX7 would be a great project but that they would rather the S2K. even though they have already done it, they want to try new things on it and definitely it will be easier than the RX7. i will definitely ask alot of questions once i get the s2k and will be eager to hear from you guys answer.

thanks for all the help.

Oh and by the way, i decided to go turbo. since i am already knowleable of it i know i could make a greater project with one in.

i will check the JDM tuning forum to see if i cjange my mind and stick with the N/A idea.

now lets freakin talk crap and please help me on my first mods.

BTW i am getting an 03. its baby blue color like.. was the only that i found at a reasonable price.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

allow me to share my thoughts on the subject.

260BHP(at the crank) is not hard at all to get. get yourself a 70mm exhaust(single of course), it doesnt matter the brand. then pick up a test pipe. now go and get some EM. vafc/emanage/EMS all work. with a good tuner you can expect up to 30whp+.

on my car, a 2002. with a KN drop in/70mm headerback exhaust/vafc2 tune i make 227/147 and ran 13.57@105.9. i baselined at 197/131. dont let the naysayers fool you, with the RIGHT mods you can pump out some nice NA hp for cheap. my setup ran me about $1300. if you go to the JDM section and look for the "NA tuning thread" you'll find a lot of USEFUL info on NA tuning. PM me and i can elaborate with dyno sheets and all that good stuff.

there is one AP1 owner making 219whp untuned on the stock exhaust. if you want mondo NA WHP inlinepro makes 2.5 and 2.7 litre strokers that make 260whp+ with NO bolt ons. with ITBs......well just check the JDM threads and we can talk about that there.

hope that helps bro. FI can be fun to, but (to me) it lacks soul. any SC'd/TC car can be fast. its less impressive(to me) than the guys that are making 50whp+ in the midrange NA, on the stock displacement.

i better shut up, im just rambling now.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,May 21 2007, 09:25 PM
allow me to share my thoughts on the subject.

260BHP(at the crank) is not hard at all to get. get yourself a 70mm exhaust(single of course), it doesnt matter the brand. then pick up a test pipe. now go and get some EM. vafc/emanage/EMS all work. with a good tuner you can expect up to 30whp+.

on my car, a 2002. with a KN drop in/70mm headerback exhaust/vafc2 tune i make 227/147 and ran 13.57@105.9. i baselined at 197/131. dont let the naysayers fool you, with the RIGHT mods you can pump out some nice NA hp for cheap. my setup ran me about $1300. if you go to the JDM section and look for the "NA tuning thread" you'll find a lot of USEFUL info on NA tuning. PM me and i can elaborate with dyno sheets and all that good stuff.

there is one AP1 owner making 219whp untuned on the stock exhaust. if you want mondo NA WHP inlinepro makes 2.5 and 2.7 litre strokers that make 260whp+ with NO bolt ons. with ITBs......well just check the JDM threads and we can talk about that there.

hope that helps bro. FI can be fun to, but (to me) it lacks soul. any SC'd/TC car can be fast. its less impressive(to me) than the guys that are making 50whp+ in the midrange NA, on the stock displacement.

i better shut up, im just rambling now.
hytech header! I wanna see a dyno or someone dyno with it
Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,May 21 2007, 09:28 PM
hytech header! I wanna see a dyno or someone dyno with it
why do you think i parted out my entire setup.........
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,May 21 2007, 09:29 PM
why do you think i parted out my entire setup.........
JDM, theres so many new sweet NA mods out there
Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=fexterz11,May 21 2007, 11:11 PM]R3DMX5 thanks again for the info.. u clarified alot of my questions out of one shot. i know what you ment about the plataforms.. and about finding space for the extra stuff, i think it will be wasy compared to the suby.. that is a full engine base from stock. i talked to a couple of my sponsors and they told me that the RX7 would be a great project but that they would rather the S2K. even though they have already done it, they want to try new things on it and definitely it will be easier than the RX7. i will definitely ask alot of questions once i get the s2k and will be eager to hear from you guys answer.

thanks for all the help.

Oh and by the way, i decided to go turbo.

Quick Reply: totaled car.. undecided on what now