S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

totaled car.. undecided on what now

Old 05-20-2007, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default totaled car.. undecided on what now

wazzup guys.. i got hit by a drunk driver and unfortunately my car was totaled. i used to own a heavily modified bugeye wrx... right now i am on the look of a new ride. i could either go 3rd gen RX7 or S2K. i like them both equally but reseach has told me that RX7 are VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY unreliable. i am just lookin for some personal opinions and friendly ppl to help me out in my new project.

Is the S2K easy to mod?
WHat year is the best one to get? (i have heard that 03 is the best)
how good do they react to performance parts?
This is going to be my 1st honda if i decide to get it so please help me out with whatever u know. oh and how to the reach to force induction? i am on the look for a comptech supercharger already.

thanks for all the help
Old 05-20-2007, 10:32 PM

Not as easy to mod compared to a WRX. NA will cost some $$
Old 05-20-2007, 10:43 PM

i dont mean to sound cocky but money is not a problem. i just wanna make sure i am making the right decition. so far how are the highest numbers you have seen in a N/A S2K?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 PM

no contest between s2k and rx8. s2k ftw.

as far as mod, i/h/e is pretty useless on the s2k. it has such a great flow stock, but you do gain some power. nothing like a boosted car where i,h,e combo will yield 30+hp.

for the s2k, best mods are gear, coilover, and sticky tires. if your willing to spend some major $$$. you can always supercharge/turbo. it all depends what you want to do with the s2k and how much money you have to burn.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:54 PM

my goal is pretty simple compared to my last project. i this one i dont wanna excede 380HP. economy reasons and safety. in my WRX i had 410 WHP and being an AWD it was pretty tough to handle at WOT. i want a fast, realiable N/A that is fun to drive. i will most deff. go into drifting style in this project. i wanna try somethign else than grippin. have u guys seen an N/A 360+ HP s2k?

and can i reflash 03 ECUs on custom map?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:55 PM

What are goals/intentions? Are you looking for a drag monster, auto-x demon or all around performance?

If you get an S and stay NA be prepared to spend a good bit of Schrutebucks to see major gains in HP/TQ. I know you said money is no object, but I am just giving you a rough idea. The F20/22 is not as responsive to the typical in/out setups as many other cars. You will see gains but not like what you might be used to with a WRX.

FI can yield some nice gains but again...not without alot of $$$ and time.

As for "best year"...lots of arguments over that, but general consensus is pretty much '02+ for the F20 if you want the 9K redline. For the F22 '04+ is pretty much the same save for the most recent edition which adds the DBW throttle and stability control (not including the cosmetic and/or minor esthetic changes).

All in all the S can definitely be a "blank canvas" in terms of modding. It just depends on what route you want to take and ultimately what you want out of your car.

Craig
Old 05-20-2007, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by fexterz11,May 21 2007, 01:54 AM
my goal is pretty simple compared to my last project. i this one i dont wanna excede 380HP. economy reasons and safety. in my WRX i had 410 WHP and being an AWD it was pretty tough to handle at WOT. i want a fast, realiable N/A that is fun to drive. i will most deff. go into drifting style in this project. i wanna try somethign else than grippin. have u guys seen an N/A 360+ HP s2k?

and can i reflash 03 ECUs on custom map?
I could be wrong but you're not gonna see 400WHP on an NA S without ALOT of money (ie engine swap essentially). I may be wrong however as I am not 100% on what the NA tuners are cooking up these days.

To get numbers like that you're most likely going to have to look towards a very comprehensive turbo setup including a beefed up clutch and rear end.

Craig
Old 05-20-2007, 11:08 PM

thanks craig for the help. I know 400HP sound a little unrealistic. not impossible but extremely hard. I will most deff go with the 03 year. i like the 9k redline. as far as goal it will be a track car, i dont like drag (no bad feel towrds drag racers) or maybe drift. i know that if i choose drift alot of suspension work is going to be used. Cusco is one of my flow sponsors so they could help me out.

i really have this idea of having a N/A powerfull car. if you want an example on how powerfull, enough to beat a mildly modded STi or Evo. i see S2K doing some damage on the freeways sometimes, thas why i am really considering one.

if i do get an s2k what you do think would be best as first mods. powerwise.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:09 PM

am sorry i ment 260HP not 360HP N/A
Old 05-20-2007, 11:14 PM

i heard that inline pro can make 2.4liter shortblock around 260whp

Quick Reply: totaled car.. undecided on what now