S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Totaled?

Old 07-12-2008, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled?

Do you guys think its totalled?

Old 07-12-2008, 08:05 AM

That sucks sorry man, what did the cops say? Did you get a ticket for following too close or did she get one for failure to maintain lane? I think thats what the insurance company would go by to see who was at fault. GL
Old 07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
G

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a shame about your car, I hope you are ok.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 AM

I just want to know if you guys think its totalled? Forget explaining how she pulled out in front of me...
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 AM

Was there a citation issued? It would help determine who was at fault, even if she pulled out in front of you but she somehow convinced the cop you were following too close then whole situation can be turned against you immediately. Its sad how it works but its usually at the cops discretion on whos at fault.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:20 AM

Sorry to hear that, the airbags did not depoly after all this? If there transmission was not pushed back or anything else pushed back inside the hood, it shouldn't be totaled because it looks like to me your bumper, hood, right fender, and right headlight needs replacement, but this really sucks because sorry to scare you but i don't think it will drive the same, s2000 fragile car and it might of been inherited some framae damage. Honestly, if i was in your spot, I'd hope it was totaled, but all that work you put in, you really do get depressed. I felt really down after what happened to my is300 4 months back but you eventually will move on after when things straightend out. Everything will be alright, and "pain is only temporarily no matter how long it lasts"- Ray lewis, #52, NFL LB for Baltimore Ravens.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i hit someone's rear before because that moron stopped his car too fast. it will be my fault.
but your car's one side was totally damaged. another side is fine. so if u convinced cops well after they showed up, let them understand that that idiotic women try to cut into the lane. then it is going to be her fault.
the car's damage showed pretty obvious.

just one advice, use your horn often if u dont feel safe. this is what i always do. u dont have to care if it's rude or it is not nice that u use horn to other people. using horn that can let those morons get hell away from u, use it. there are always some morons who don't know how to drive. dont be nice to them because u may dmg your car, and wont be nice to u.

it's going to be so much pain if it's your fault. she may claim money for some physical injury. your insurance company will need to cover both of you. then your insurance fee gonna increase hella much.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if u saw cops write any ticket to her, dont worry about this. her game is over.
u will get covered by her insurance company. that's very important.
u also need a lawyer to handle this. try to find one soon. they know how to deal with it. usually, insurance company is very cunning. be careful on them.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:22 AM

man it hurts to see another S damaged

hope the insurance & repairs go well
Old 07-12-2008, 10:23 AM

I'd stop talking about it online, honestly, and go with insurance. This thread should just die off. The whole issue with the visor and everything... You never know who's linked to this stuff.

On only the facts of her pulling out in front of you at too slow of a speed for traffic, that's her fault.

But from what you've said, if the insurance company saw this stuff, they'd go after you for inattentiveness and failure to notice road conditions since you admit to fiddling with the visor and didn't see an SUV make a lane change. Then it becomes your fault.

Quick Reply: Totaled?