S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Top/Half Car Cover

Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top/Half Car Cover

This has been discussed a while back so I was hoping for more updated info/source...

Does anyone know where I can buy a car cover that covers only the top part (windshield/softtop)? Any pics for those who have them?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 AM

I don't have an answer, but can I ask why you'd go through the trouble of covering only part of the part when for roughly the same effort and what (I suspect) would be a similar cost you could cover the whole car?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:49 AM

California Car Cover Company in Chatsworth, CA.
Bought two (full) covers from them, both have been excellent. I went with the one with the 4-layer Evolution fabric for door ding mitigation.

I thought about going with just the top cover as well--it sits in the garage except for the four hours a week I drive it. I hate the bugs that take up residence in my garage, yet I hate having to lower and raise the top all the time. A cockpit cover would be perfect!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by pyrocpu,Oct 31 2007, 10:49 AM
California Car Cover Company in Chatsworth, CA.
Bought two (full) covers from them, both have been excellent. I went with the one with the 4-layer Evolution fabric for door ding mitigation.

I thought about going with just the top cover as well--it sits in the garage except for the four hours a week I drive it. I hate the bugs that take up residence in my garage, yet I hate having to lower and raise the top all the time. A cockpit cover would be perfect!
I have one of theirs. The only thing is that the top has to be down for it to be installed. It doesn't fit over the top when it is up. If that is what your looking for, it is a quality piece.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 AM

Car cover depot

here you go. I've had mine for 3 years now. Works great. Easy on/off waterproof, sunproof, dustproof, keeps interior cool, etc.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 AM

I am looking for something with oem fitment or near. I know there's JDM OEM one...just can't find it. I don't want to cover the whole car...just the top because I don't want to leave swirls on my Berlina.

I need more info...Anyone have pics?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Oct 31 2007, 10:41 AM
I don't have an answer, but can I ask why you'd go through the trouble of covering only part of the part when for roughly the same effort and what (I suspect) would be a similar cost you could cover the whole car?
For outdoor storage protecting the softtop and interior (from sun damage) but not wearing on the paint like a full cover would.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:34 PM

anyone know where i can get one?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:08 PM

This is the exact information I was looking for as well. I am getting a hardtop next week and I am going to take out my soft top and sell it to another member. I plan on leaving the hardtop home once in a while on nice days, and one of these covers will work great when I park.

That car cover depot link has a black one for $135. Good info
Old 11-01-2007, 03:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

G-s2k has one. Here is a shot of his car with it on. He has a mugen HT and no soft-top IIRC

Quick Reply: Top/Half Car Cover