S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Took the car into the country! (long)

Old 06-10-2002, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have owned my beauty for a bit over a month now and this past weekend I went on a road trip to a friend's house for a party in the country! Living in the city of Chicago, we don't get too many 'twisties' out here so I finally got to experience some! WOO HOO!

I was up 25 miles east of Madison, WI and there were nice vacant back country roads. Lots of twisties, straights and rolling hills. The car is just a different beast in these conditions. I never went over 4th gear...the engine was just in full song! This was what the car was meant for! The brand new S02s were flawless in the corners and I was listening carefully to them. The weather was perfect and I realized that this was why I bought the car!

I gave lots of rides this weekend and everyone just loved it! I didn't see any S2000's on the road this weekend either. I noticed that in smaller towns, people don't see this car that often and I get lots of attention from this car. Especially at gas stations. I had a group at one point around my car! Lots of questions about performance, price..etc. Some little kids go crazy when they see this car! Part of the fun is showing off the car to people!

Overall...the car had lots of fun in the country. I have bugs on my car now....it's like my car has a 5 o'clock shadow!

A humorous side note: I was giving a friend a ride and we were going up this hill....a family of skunks was in our lane. I stopped about 15 feet away and had to wait because we were on a hill and I didn't want to take a chance of going into the other line (not being able to see an oncoming car (55MPH limit) coming over the hill). So I had to wait about 5 minutes and honk at these skunks (mother and 4 babys) until they got off to the side. Then I carefully drove by...didn't want to freak them out and have them run back into the road or spray us!