S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Too Many Stolen Seats - Kodokan's Coming Back!

Old 02-11-2004, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The entire South Florida group recommends these!!!!!!

I am definitely in!!!

Deiger
Old 02-13-2004, 05:10 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by DEIGER
The entire South Florida group recommends these!!!!!!

I am definitely in!!!

Deiger
Yeah, I've read a lot of threads about stolen seats down there. I'm glad these Seat Locks are giving you guys some peace of mind.

They help me sleep a little better at night. I still worry about my car, but I don't worry about the seats being gone.

-Pete
Old 02-13-2004, 05:40 PM

Just got home from 3 days at the hospital, and I have great news!
I HAVE RECEIVED THE SEAT LOCK ORDER FROM MCGARD!!!

I will try to post some info later tonight about how I will proceed to the Group Buy.

Like I said before, it may be wise to take a little time to get things prepared before I start the Group Buy. If you haven't read about it in the old Seat Lock threads, I package everything carefully, and it takes a lot of time.

I also have to PM the ordering info to everyone for security reasons. A non-owner could use your screen name from the thread, and send me a check (I don't know your real name). So please keep the info confidential.

You must have "Owner" status on this website to order the Seat Locks. I will not send the ordering info to you without it. You do not have to be a member, or pay any fees to get "Owner" status.

If you get your "Owner" status after the first day of this thread, you may have to have another "Owner" from this website vouch for you (there are other methods, as well). We do this because it's easy to get a VIN and become an "Owner". I may also review your previous posts to help verify your ownership. The previous Seat Lock Group Buys were done the same way.

I do as much as I can to keep our Seat Lock Keys out of the hands of non-owners. This is the main reason I do everything myself, and I have turned down lots of site sponsors, and others, when it comes to selling the Seat Locks. I'm sure we could sell a lot of them, but I like it this way, because the Seat Locks are rare, and kind of a special item.

-Pete
Old 02-13-2004, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Kodokan_4
If you get your "Owner" status after the first day of this thread, you may have to have another "Owner" from this website vouch for you (there are other methods, as well). We do this because it's easy to get a VIN and become an "Owner". I may also review your previous posts to help verify your ownership. The previous Seat Lock Group Buys were done the same way.
Whoo Hooo been an owner for 8 days longer than the thread guess I'm safe.
Well either that or I was psychic and knew you were going to do a GB

Great effort and from all of us thanks!. If everyone had these they would stop trying to steal our seats!

Hope the hospital stay wasn't anything too serious!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:04 PM

Pete-

Are you going to send PM's to the original responders who expressed interest or do we need to reply again once you begin the GB? Just don't want to miss out. Thanks
Old 02-14-2004, 02:45 PM

Pete told me that he has Seat Locks for all ppl who expressed initial purchasing interest. So ppl wont miss out!

CrazyPhud: If everyone had them, then chances are that the theives would get their hands on one of the keys!!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Scorp
CrazyPhud: If everyone had them, then chances are that the theives would get their hands on one of the keys!!
Most likely not. If the demand was that high, there would be enough different keys that having one or even a couple of keys wouldn't guarantee that you could get them. Now they may try to cut them out, but that's alot more effort and time! It just wouldn't be worth the effort, you'd have to steal them then repair them. It's all about thresholds we want to make someone else's car the target not ours
Old 02-14-2004, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by CrazyPhuD
Hope the hospital stay wasn't anything too serious!
Thanks, but I wasn't a patient. I'm studying anesthesia.

-Pete
Old 02-14-2004, 09:52 PM

Hey Pete,

I didnt realise you were studying anesthesia! When u said anesthesia school before, I thought you meant it was boring school (and u said anesthesia, cos it put u to sleep! hehe)

Silly me!
Old 02-15-2004, 09:15 AM

I'm going to open the Seat Lock Group Buy today, and I will send PMs with ordering info to everyone who posted in this thread, and to everyone who sent me a PM, requesting a set of Seat Locks.

After I post the Seat Lock Group Buy, I will post a link to it in this thread.

******The GROUP BUY WILL BE FIRST-PAID, FIRST SERVED******

I can't reserve the Seat Locks for anyone, because in the past some people have taken months to send in their payment.

I should have enough Seat Locks to cover the Owners that have signed up in this thread, but I recommend that you send in your payment ASAP, in case more people sign up in the Group Buy thread, or by PM.

For those of you who still need "Owner" status, You should get to it, because sometimes it takes a couple of days for it to go into effect (I think). Remember, it's free- you don't have to pay membership fees.

-Pete

Quick Reply: Too Many Stolen Seats - Kodokan's Coming Back!