S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Too Many Stolen Seats - Kodokan's Coming Back!

Old 02-06-2004, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm in
Old 02-06-2004, 12:00 PM

I'm in too.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:24 PM

count me in!
Old 02-07-2004, 08:39 AM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
Pete,

Put me on the list for another set.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:42 AM

can't wait!
Old 02-07-2004, 02:27 PM

So whats the count so far? the order is gunna be huuuuge!!

what payment methods do you accept Kodokan_4 ?? Cos im in Australia, will PayPal be ok? or a Telegraphic Transfer??
Old 02-07-2004, 02:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got mine from Kodokan on the last group buy - the pieces are quality. The last time I brought the car into Honda for service, the service manager took a look at them, turned his head slowly at me, gave me the deranged look like I was some kind of freak, slowly turned his head back to the locks, then at me again and just said "wow" lol

And that was before I showed him my Autolock clutch locks (Thatcham approved), the British-made Autolok steering wheel plate lock (Thatcham and Sold Secure approved), a packet of long nails I use to lean on my tires when parked, etc. I don't have an electronic deterrent yet, but if I get an alarm, I'm going to get a custom siren that blares out something like "STOP STEALING ME" or "STOP TOUCHING ME" in a feminine voice. lol That would really get people's attention unlike the standard siren which everyone ignores nowadays.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:25 PM

wow.... u really like your low tech security.... but with the "packet of long nails I use to lean on my tires when parked", what happens if you forget to remove them yourself? eep!

also, could you explain the "Autolock clutch locks (Thatcham approved), the British-made Autolok steering wheel plate lock (Thatcham and Sold Secure approved)" ???
Old 02-07-2004, 07:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Scorp
wow.... u really like your low tech security.... but with the "packet of long nails I use to lean on my tires when parked", what happens if you forget to remove them yourself? eep!

also, could you explain the "Autolock clutch locks (Thatcham approved), the British-made Autolok steering wheel plate lock (Thatcham and Sold Secure approved)" ???
Call it low tech, but the mechanical devices I have are probably more secure and more time consuming (and noisy, might I add lol) to defeat than a standard electronic alarm.

LOL - you bet I'd have to remember to remove the nails before I drive off, otherwise it would royally suck - I'd only do this in high risk areas and Dix Hills is a relatively safe place.

Regarding the locks ... the Autolock locks you've already probably seen on infomercials (www.autolock.com) - they are bulletproof. Autolok (w/o the "c") steering plate locks (www.autolok.co.uk) are steel plates that go over the steering wheel and renders the car unsteerable and protects from airbag theft. I also use the McGard seat locks which Kodokan sells. Let me know if you have more questions. The only thing I really gotta worry about is theft from towing/flatbedding but I got a few tricks up my sleeve in that area as well.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:29 PM

being in Australia, I doubt we see your infomercials

thanks for the links tho!

Im still hanging for an answer from Kodokan regarding payment methods.......

Quick Reply: Too Many Stolen Seats - Kodokan's Coming Back!