S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Toledo, OH s2000 graveyard visit

Old 10-11-2015, 09:33 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Toledo, OH s2000 graveyard visit

I was at the s2000/insight graveyard- er, warehouse graveyard- on friday. Its called halo select and you can find them on craigslist under toledo, s2000 parts. I contacted them by phone and they got back to me with information on my requests. I was looking for a few parts while i was passing thru to go to Cedar Point that evening.

At any rate, everything is stored indoors, but in a rather haphazard way. If you have the time, its a great place to sift through all the stuff there.

Some body panels, some interior, lots of cut up s2000 bodies which was quite fascinating to see how honda put our cars together. no engines, trans, diffs. Few drive shafts, 1/2 shafts. no steering wheels I could see. lots of restorable doors. many AP1 centre consoles- good for a project. no AP2 centre consoles i could see. lots of suspension parts- A-arms, shocks, springs, subframes, wiring harnesses. Lots of nuts and bolts, odds and sods. few seats- especially if you're looking for a project. few floor workable floor mats. If you have suzuka blue- more interior parts there. Few dashes were around. no apparent OEM rims, but a few sets of aftermarket.

most of the very best stuff has been picked over- maybe a bumper or two. several hoods but only 2 rear trunk lids remain that i could see. no rear brake lights that i could see. couple OEM intakes but no FIPK's.

The guy who helps run it was helpful and knew where stuff was. I really appreciated he let me just wander thru. the shop cat is friendly. bring a flashlight, work gloves, wear work boots or sneakers. seems to be cash only sales which helps with negotiating on parts.

I have no affiliation with them, just thought i'd post up some information. Its worth the trip if you live within a couple hours- if nothing else, just to wander around. I'm also the guy who goes on vacation somewhere, then looks for wrecking yards to wander around, even in HI.

darcy
Old 10-12-2015, 03:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Any pics??
Old 10-12-2015, 07:07 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by jasserv
Any pics??
i thought about taking a photo, but it is really dark in the warehouse. like i said, bring a flashlight.

darcy