S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Tired of Honda not owning up to their warranty!

Old 08-20-2001, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of Honda not owning up to their warranty!

I have two distinct problems with my s2000 that the dealer refuses to fix.
1. Problem with rattling noise coming out of transmission when accelerating. The first time that I took my s2000 in I was told that the fix for this problem was already implemented and mine was one ofthe ones already "FIXED". How is that possible when it still happens. I have never heard another car make this noise before. The second time that I took it in they told me that this is a "CHARACTERISTIC" of the engine and is normal. If that is the case then why did they issue a fix for it in the first place? This is not normal, but Honda is back tracking by now saying this that it is?

2. I have a another rattle coming from the clutch area when the car is hot. It usually comes out when decelerating in first or second gear. I was then told that this is also "NORMAL" and just another characteristic of the car. How can they say these things with a straight face. Soon, I think that the're going to tell me that wheels are supposed to be square, and the POPE is Protestant..

Anyways, I am upset at the way that HONDA has handled this and am looking for other people who have the same problem. I have always been a big Honda fan, but I am really offended about this so called WARRANTY? WHAT WARRANTY???
Old 08-20-2001, 03:07 PM

Have you tried taking it to another dealer?
Old 08-20-2001, 03:15 PM

No,
I havent supposedly this is the best Honda Dealership.. The people seem pretty cool, and the mechanic is pretty cool, but he just reiterates what he is told on the phone from the warranty people. I presume that these are the same people that are called regardless of dealership. So at least they are smiling when they refuse service...
Old 08-20-2001, 03:16 PM

Ask them to take you out in another car and see if they all make the noises. Usually the GM drives one. If it is a charecteristic of the car every one should do it.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:26 PM

I'm not sure about the first problem you describe but the second is an issue much discussed on this forum. There is a TSB (#054) that describes a rattling or buzzing from the clutch when decelerating in lower gears. It usually starts to show up after a few thousand miles. The TSB is for MY2000 cars and the fix is to replace the clutch disk with one that is standard in MY2001. The problem is that this DOES NOT make the noise go away. Some cars have it worse than others but they all have this noise...the fix only keeps it from getting worse.

Hope this helps and I would definitely go to another dealership.

By the way, there is a list of TSB's in the FAQ section.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:15 PM

good suggestions here.

i would try another dealership. i would also strongly suggest you take a ride in another s2k. these cars do make a ton of noise, relative to most other cars on the road, and it takes a bit of a different frame of mind to deal with that.

good luck.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:30 PM

It isn't just Honda that is particularly picky on warranty issues ... In fact, the majority of car manufacturers and dealers are like that as well. I feel sorry for the problems you're facing but I guess all you can do is keep trying until they give in to sort out the problems for you FOC. Other than that, I don't know of any car manufacturer or dealer who is happy about fixing any warranty job regardless of time and time again.

Old 08-20-2001, 05:06 PM
JRM

Well since you believe that this is obviously a personel forum for venting your unfounded frustration then I guess I can vent mine toward people like you. I'm tired of new owners that feel like this is a forum for venting their frustration with a dealer related problem. Honda owns up to valid warranty problems. Several here have had such problems and Honda has taken care of them.

First you've never discussed the problem with Honda. You've only talked to a dealer. Second, you haven't taken it to another dealer because you are obviously to lazy to do so. Dealers are notorious for not wanting to do warranty work at any type dealership, not just Honda. It doesn't make money for the dealership it only ties up their mechanics.

Instead of registering on this forum to complain why don't you use some of the advice that has been readily given here and go to another dealer or call the regional rep for Honda and tell them the problem. If you are a S2000 enthusiast then enthusiastically search for another dealer that will fix your problem. I don't want to hear about your problem because you decided to blame Honda, when it's a dealer related situation. If you don't agree then call the rep and complain about the dealership.

Anyway, I am upset at the way that HONDA has handled this and am looking for other people who have the same problem. I have always been a big Honda fan, but I am really offended about this so called WARRANTY? WHAT WARRANTY???
Honda hasn't handled anything, you haven't talked to Honda. You talked to a dealership. Nobody twisted your arm to buy the auto, you did that all on your own. Quit whining and do something that will solve the problem, instead of looking for sympathy from other owners. If you think that Honda is personally screwing you then just sell the little Japanese piece of crap and by a Fiat.

"SNIFF" I smell another troll!
Old 08-20-2001, 06:10 PM

I would advise you to call Honda customer service. They will send out your district manager for your area to observe your problem. Be specific to ask to meet him/her in person. Usually the dealer will let you know when they will be in--usually every 3 weeks. Dealers do make money on warranty issues-many of my friends are in the car business (two were service mgrs). It sounds like they are dumb-founded as to correct the problem. I would first try another dealer. I went thru the same situation but w/ my dash board. If you don't get anywhere call Honda Customer service, explain what happened and write down each visit and resolution that the dealer gave you. You will get it resolved--may take a month or two. Good luck!!!
Old 08-20-2001, 06:16 PM

JRM,
You obviously have some personal issues. Anger management class may help a bit. Take a chill pill buddy..

Quick Reply: Tired of Honda not owning up to their warranty!