S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

tickets! what you get?

Old 03-14-2006, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tickets! what you get?

i think the S is a cop magnet! so i wanna know what you got tickets for and what you got away with!

i looked up my driving abstract online and i could see the exact moment i got this car. 5 years 1 ticket...2 months 6 tickets!
so far with this car i got tickets for the following:

recon - dismissed
no front plate (x2) - dismissed
speeding - dismissed due to lack of PROOF
fraudlent use of plates - dismissed
no insurance - dismissed

last time i got stoped for recon and no front plate, but the cop let me go. he said he was just bored.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a ticket for 40 in a 35 while out breaking in my clutch. It was almost midnight on a Thursday, out in the middle of the country in KY. I couldn't even get mad at the time, it was so ridiculous. The cop was probably early 20s (younger than me, which made it even more ridiculous). He said his radar showed 47, but it's rather hard to mistake a digital dash... I was going 42. Oh well

Got another one about 2 weeks later on the highway. written for 75 in 65, actually was going almost 85. Radar detector went off and I didn't pay attention to it as I had something in my eye and was more concerned about that. For the record, the "something was in my eye" excuse doesn't get you out of tickets.

Overall, 2 tickets in 6 months of ownership isn't so bad for me. When I was younger I accumulated 10+ in a matter of 3 years. Good thing we have lawyers in the family!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't gotten a ticket in the S yet(knock on wood).. But I did get one in my bois Acura Rsx type-S. I was going about 66 in 35 on a regular street. I got pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle. Hired a lawyer for $185... he got everything dropped and I didn't have to use my PJC. But I did have to take an 8 hour class so that it wouldn't go on my insurance. Thank God for lawyers!

-Tu
Old 03-14-2006, 02:08 PM

recon - dismissed
fraudlent use of plates - dismissed

What exactly are these tickets for?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:10 PM

recon is this permit that you have to get in hawaii when your car is modified. you have to go in for inspection and its kinda a pain in the ass to get cause the rules are so old!!

and fradulent use of plates was really stupid cause i got new plates issued with a new registration but i didnt change the plates rite away so the plates didnt match the paper work
Old 03-14-2006, 02:12 PM

i havent got a ticket on the s (knock on wood) but in my integra i got a disturbing the peace, no front plates.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 PM

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

That's what I was wondering too.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:42 PM

74 in 45 fat ticket
Old 03-14-2006, 05:49 PM

Hmmm... lets see...
- No front plate - let off with PBA card
- No front plate 2nd time - let off with PBA card
- No front plate 3rd time - let off with PBA card
- No front plate while the car was parked in a beach parking lot for a car meet - $100 fine!
- Running through a red light (got through when it was yellow, but was pulled over because the police officer said that I needed to speed to do so) - let off w/ PBA
- Making a right on a red out of my school parking lot - let off with PBA card
- Doing 45 in a 30 - let off with PBA card
- Passing a car that was doing 20mph in a 40mph zone over a double-yellow - Let off with PBA card
- Exhaust ticket - $50 fine, PBA didn't work

I'm sure there are others that I cannot think of right now, but overall I have been VERY lucky with having PBA cards to help me out when I have been pulled over (knock on wood). If you are very respectful to the officer they will usually be the same to you and let you off if you aren't doing anything too stupid.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:56 PM

PBA card?

Quick Reply: tickets! what you get?