S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

ticket.......unauthorized exibition of speed.

Old 01-05-2002, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by nine grand
Jay,

Where were you? Road, Nassau or Suffolk? My brother got a street racing ticket on Hempstead trnpk. in Farmingdale which was Nassau. He stood before the judge in Mineola. He also had a prior stop sign ticket from a few months earlier. With some tactful linguistics from our lawyer he walked with a busted tail light tick. $70 + a surcharge NO points. Theres justice for ya. Anyway, my advice is grab a lawyer for the court date. It may cost more now but the insurance hike will kill you in the long run. Good luck.
man, I was on deer park ave at the far end going towards the expressway any idea what a lawyer might cost my dumb ass oh yeah, I have know priors on my license
Old 01-05-2002, 02:46 PM

also ,nine grand can you reccomend a lawyer... but keep in mind I'm not rich
Old 01-05-2002, 02:49 PM

A couple of years ago I got a ticket for "excessive display of horsepower". ( 85$ ticket ) I squeaked the tires of my friends Camaro at a light. It was a complete accident ( he had almost bald tires ) but the cop was a hard ass.

I got out of the ticket by telling the judge I was just unfamiliar with the car.. since it wasn't mine.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:33 PM

And S02's don't grip very well in the cold....
Old 01-05-2002, 04:46 PM

I got pulled over last night for just the same thing. I was only going 10MPH or so above the limit, but I was supposedly pulling hard from the stoplights, according to the officer. While "pulling hard" is subjective, I never once VTEC'ed it. The cop, while a little peeved, was nice enough to let me off with a warning.
Old 01-05-2002, 06:32 PM

Stupid terminologies, at the end of the day ... It still points to the same shit, excessive speed or whatsoever. Go to court and fight it out, you should never give up ... Go on, waste their time in court rooms ... That's the way to get them back and drag the case for as long as you can.

Old 01-06-2002, 05:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Seb2k
A couple of years ago I got a ticket for "excessive display of horsepower". ( 85$ ticket ) I squeaked the tires...
Oh wow! That reminded me of an incident *maaaaaany* years ago. I had an '84 CRX (the year this happened was probably '85) and I was taking a drunk frat brother back to his dorm -- he'd been trying to pick unnecessary fights that evening. As we drove through town, he'd hollar out the window to people on the street. Talkin' smack to pretty girls, trying to start sh!t with guys walking the sidewalk, etc. I'd hit the brakes each time he'd do this ridiculous crap so the offended person could retaliate . Then, if it got too hot, I'd bark the tires & scootch up 20 or so yards. After a few bouts of this driving behavior...I picked up 3 cop cars! I received a sobriety test...during the test, my frat bro (that I'm takin' home) is hollarin' out the window, "Hey you pigs leave my bro alone...I'm gonna kick ur asses as soon as I sober up!..." He said other things too. I explained my being on the road and that bonehead in my car was my only reason. Cops laughed and told me to get him home...and then to park my car. Hehehe...sometimes cops are okay I reckon.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jaynite
[B]
man, I was on deer park ave at the far end going towards the expressway
Old 01-06-2002, 05:12 PM

i got pulled over for racing an s2000 (while not in my own).

cop asked, "why were you racing?"
me: "I wasn't"

cop: "then where's the fire, why such a hurry?"
me: "there's no hurry"

I didn't get a ticket because he didn't have the other guy to prove racing, and he didn't get my speed (but he saw I was going damn fast, and said he had to go 140 to catch up with me)

I didn't even get a ticket for being an ass!
Old 01-07-2002, 10:29 PM

You can get a t icket for unauthorized exhibition of speed for doing anything from revving your engine to chirping your tires. A friend of mine got a ticket for peeling out at a light once. If you were speeding, just be glad you didn;t get a ticket for that. I havea feeling that defending an unauthorized exhibition of speed ticket is a lot easier than a speeding ticket.

Good luck in court. Let us know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: ticket.......unauthorized exibition of speed.