S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Ticket in parking lot

Old 11-18-2005, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket in parking lot

I just got a ticket for driving (practicing some corners) in an empty parking lot at non-operating hours (2am)...The pig gave me a ticket for "accelation in a parking lot" HUH?? I thought it's ok to practice in the parking lot....He even videotaped me for "evidence". AMAZING. Go catch some real criminal, pig !!!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was always my impression that they couldn't give tickets for speed on private property. Noise issues are another thing, tho.

BUT even if he could go for a jury trial. I have been on 2 jury trials and watched others, the police always lose!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:58 PM

If there is a wreck in a parking lot the police won't respond unless there is an injury, they say because its private property. Hmm didn't think you could get a ticket in a parking lot either.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ticket will say what law you were cited under. Look it up.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you have got to check your city ordinances to see if this is a valid ticket. For example, where I live, there is an ordinance that allows the cops to ticket one who parks in a handicapped space without one of those tags that hang from the rear view mirror. Even in a store's private parking lot. A city CAN regulate activity on private property, including a parking lot. The question here is, does your city have an ordinance prohibiting "acceleration" in such a parking lot.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 11-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Dude, you should have told him that you just broke up with your girlfriend and that it was crucial to your health that you get an intense adrenaline rush at 2am in the morning so you don't start crying like a little school girl. Then you should have asked him to post a copy of the video on the internet so we could all see you do crazy burnouts!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:16 PM

TO MAKE THINGS BETTER, he start asking question likes "Who's car is this?" before i could even answer he already assumed this is not my car; and start to check for stolen records...He assumed this because i drive it like i stole it; not really....I should have gunned it because i left him a good 1/3 mile back, but didn't want to speed (especially knowing a cop is tailing you)
Old 11-18-2005, 11:20 PM

Then he starts on saying that i'm damaging the pavement (REALLY?); cause this is the same track that some engineers use to test out their mini F1 cars... Then he tries to find out if i was drunk or suicidal...with luck, can give me a ticket for that too. Where was his ass when my apartment got rob??
Old 11-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may be just an ass of a cop who gave you a ticket for "something that just didn't look rght." Again, check your city ordinances. The ticket should state the citation to the ordinance under which you are charged, making it easy for you to find at city hall. You need to read the ordinance under which you are charged (if here is one) in order for you to decide what to do.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 11-18-2005, 11:25 PM

Then they asked why i have an aftermarket tail light (HUH? because it was stock) because he never seen one like mine before... WOW. I had to pay for the ticket because i just graduated the same day and about to leave the next morning. All of these 4 years that he could have given me a ticket, no let's wait till the last day....

Quick Reply: Ticket in parking lot