S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Thoughts on the Value of my S2k

Old 05-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on the Value of my S2k

Hi folks,

Sadly, It's time that I have to let my S2k go to get something bigger. I know, I am going to regret this... Was wondering what people on this forum think the value/ pricepoint is for my S2000. Also, should I bother reverting back to stock? See details below:
  • Year - 2002
  • Color - black
  • Milage - 42,500
  • Ownership - Second owner - I have held onto it for 3ish years
  • Condition - Almost perfect, also have all matching Vins. zero incidents.
  • Upgrades - Perfect AP2 V2 wheels, upgraded speakers and head unit, K&N cold air intake
    • **Note that I still have stock wheels, sound system, and intake

Old 05-01-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check BringATrailer, might be a good place to get a bidding frenzy on your car.

Last one with similar mileage was this:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-honda-s2000-84/

A much older one is here:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-honda-s2000-78/

Keep in mind to get those prices, you should convert back to stock completely.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd list at $25k and put everything back to stock. Then I'd sell the wheels for $500-$800 depending on tire life, K&N for 50% off retail, and probably the same for the speakers 50% off retail.
The following users liked this post:
MintBolster (05-02-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 08:27 AM

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

...and give it a full detail- put the car up and clean the underside, replace rusted bolts with OEM Honda, detail the interior extensively, do a paint correction to get rid of paint swirls. In addition, compression test, valve adjustment, and retainer check with documented photos, oil change/OEM filter, brake fluid/clutch fluid/trans/diff fluid change. The new owner should need for nothing. Heck, I even bought a mint condition steering wheel just because the original had some leather pulling away.

This is what I did when I sold mine. You'll need to invest some time, but it will net you a better sale price. I didn't let a prospective sale see my car until he had looked at several other s2000's in the area first. Once he did that, then I invited him to check mine out. From the very first moment he saw mine, I could tell he'd been looking at crap and didn't really balk at the price.

$25K sounds about right if you do everything above. But I'm pedantic.
good luck.
darcy
Old 05-02-2021, 12:23 PM

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

It would go for 29k in CA just sayin
Old 05-02-2021, 03:41 PM

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

a realistic price $22-24K..remove the K&N and go back to stock.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested BUYER in your AP2 wheels

Hey man,
Good luck on the sale. I am a new s2k owner and looking for a set of AP2 wheels. I saw you are going to be selling the car soon. Any interest in selling me the AP2 wheels?

Email me at roman.ja64@gmail.com. Im originally from PA and flying home this week to pick up my car from getting a complete pain job. Look forward to chatting.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:21 AM

Received 90 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw
...and give it a full detail- put the car up and clean the underside, replace rusted bolts with OEM Honda, detail the interior extensively, do a paint correction to get rid of paint swirls. In addition, compression test, valve adjustment, and retainer check with documented photos, oil change/OEM filter, brake fluid/clutch fluid/trans/diff fluid change. The new owner should need for nothing. Heck, I even bought a mint condition steering wheel just because the original had some leather pulling away.

This is what I did when I sold mine. You'll need to invest some time, but it will net you a better sale price. I didn't let a prospective sale see my car until he had looked at several other s2000's in the area first. Once he did that, then I invited him to check mine out. From the very first moment he saw mine, I could tell he'd been looking at crap and didn't really balk at the price.

$25K sounds about right if you do everything above. But I'm pedantic.
good luck.
darcy
The above is great advice! I have always made sure to keep anything I own in top condition and it has paid off every time. When people have been shopping for a car and they come across one that has obviously been cared for, it makes their decision a lot easier. If I see shots of a car with a McDonalds sack on the floor or a thumb covering the license plate, I move on.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:52 PM

Received 140 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
The above is great advice! I have always made sure to keep anything I own in top condition and it has paid off every time. When people have been shopping for a car and they come across one that has obviously been cared for, it makes their decision a lot easier. If I see shots of a car with a McDonalds sack on the floor or a thumb covering the license plate, I move on.
What's wrong with a lil thumbs up action in a photo?
Old 05-05-2021, 06:27 PM

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts

As mentioned above... You might as well go back to stock - it's not much effort.
I'd actually list it for 27.5k and see where you land. You can always back down slowly.
I wouldn't take less than 24k for it.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the Value of my S2k