S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

For those of you who have a Yellow S2000

Old 05-25-2005, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an "I love the color" from the driver of a silver M45 last night.

I haven't found yellow to be a cop magnet. One of the reasons I picked yellow was to be more visible to other drivers out there. That doesn't seem to have worked. People still cut me off like I'm not there.

The only thing I haven't liked about yellow is the number of bugs it attracts. When I park outside I often come back to my car to find it covered with little flies.

Driving yellow also makes it easier to find your car in the sea of silverstones that show up to meets.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:05 PM

Yellow is by far the most visible color, which is the main reason I got it. I had driven the Silverstone Silver and almost every day someone would try to change lanes right on top of me because they didn't see me. The car is so low and small to begin with that its hard to see. Add a color that blends in, and traffic just doesn't see you. Yellow is the safest color.

With the Rio Yellow, nobody misses it. The cops, sure. The ladies, I hope. Other drivers, so far so good.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:32 PM

I desperately want a Spa Yellow S2k...
Old 05-25-2005, 05:43 PM

I love my Spa...I just hate getting dings fixed. The damn pearl paint is freaking expensive...I have a small door ding that I got quoted at 3 differant places all around $600. Stupid people how whip their doors open
Old 05-25-2005, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,May 25 2005, 05:43 PM
I love my Spa...I just hate getting dings fixed. The damn pearl paint is freaking expensive...I have a small door ding that I got quoted at 3 differant places all around $600. Stupid people how whip their doors open
knock on wood that this hasn't happened to me yet, well if it did I'll be okay since I bought the door ding insurance when I got my car....also cops haven't really picked on me yet, maybe its due to me driving smart and having a v1 radar.......
Old 05-25-2005, 06:23 PM

yellow definitely stands out. When I'm on the freeway in the fast lane people usually move over to let me pass I think because of me having a yellow sports car. Most people probably don't even know its a Honda and think Porsche...I love my Spa. But if they sold Monte Carlo in the states I would probably have to reconsider
Old 05-25-2005, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great color...

but difficult to match perfectly if you have to repaint for whatever reason (accident, aftermarket parts)
Old 05-25-2005, 06:35 PM

To me ellow is probably the best color for the S2000, but wife thinks silver is better. Color matching that yellow sucks. My rear bumper is a little bit darker than the rest.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:41 PM
naseeb

Originally Posted by beachcar,May 25 2005, 03:42 PM
I lived for 4 years with New Formula Red and then switched to Rio Yellow.

I've found that the yellow is more people friendly. I've had many more people approach me with a smile and ask what kind of car I'm driving vs the Red.

The red car seemed to always elicit angst and jealousy from other drivers. Strangers would always roll their eyes and say:"What is that...some kind of Porsche?" Also, in traffic it seemed like someone was always trying to cut me off in the red car.

And lets face it....since yellow is a lighter color...it reflects light, thus causing those photons to actually push it through the air faster There you have it....scientific proof that YELLOW IS FASTER.
I think yellow is just as intimidating. People usually keep their distance in the rear, unlike my other car which is white. That car seems more approachable and I usually can't see the headlights of the car behind me when I'm in traffic in that car.

Yellow with the hardtop , I think, blows away all the other colors /w hardtop IMO.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta Love the Yellow!

Quick Reply: For those of you who have a Yellow S2000