S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Thinking of trading in the S2000 this weekend...

Old 03-16-2001, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of trading in the S2000 this weekend...

Yep, after a year, it's true. I can get a screamin' deal on a 2000 BMW M Coupe. My payments are going to be the same but instead of owning the S2000 in 4 more years, I'll own the M Coupe in 5.

Yeah, I know the styling is an issue, but to me I have loved that car since it came out. I'll miss the top down experience, but it has every option that can be put on that car (sans the navigation).

Why didn't I get it instead of the S2000 at first? Well, I thought I couldn't fit in it (maybe the battery was disconnected, and I couldn't move the power seat back) and it was too much money. But now I am in a position that I currently have a kick-ass car that everybody wants (including the dealership), and the dealership has a car that very few people want (and it's sticker is about 12K more than the S2000). So they're offering me a lot, and I'm getting the car (relatively) cheap.

So, any thoughts? I love the S2000, and I love the M Coupe. They are two very different cars, but being that they are so unique, it makes the decision a tough one. And, the M is even rarer than the S2000, which adds to the coolness factor.

Oh, and if I get it, I'll post my impressions. And even if not, I'll come back here to my surrogate family. Wish me luck...
Old 03-16-2001, 12:17 PM

I love the M Coupe. I would get one if they weren't so expensive. It is a monster and drives wonderfully. Since I don't own an S2K, I can't comment on handling differences, but the M Coupe is a great car. Plus, there's a lot more cargo space. =-) Good luck!

Ryan
Old 03-16-2001, 12:25 PM

Are buying at Fields BMW? Just curious... Go for it though! After a year of driving the stook I may have other thoughts. The M is awesome, keep us posted.
Old 03-16-2001, 12:26 PM

Hey L, what color is it??!!
Old 03-16-2001, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want an elf shoe?!

I personally can't imagine driving one of those hideously scary things around. Yea, they are monsters, loads of torque, but man, it's seriously one of the ugliest cars in production today, IMO.

I would get the M Roadster (convertible) WAAAAAY before the M Coupe. But they are both way down on the list...that's just me though.

To each his own! I'm interested in the decision you make and good luck!

Old 03-16-2001, 12:28 PM

If you are talking about the 2001 M3, heck yea. Trade it in. That is what I wanted in the first place. but the dealership wouldn't work with me.
Old 03-16-2001, 12:30 PM

Ldogdotcom,

I like the M Coupe. If that was the car you initially liked...you should get it.

I liked the S2000 at first observation. I found out later that the M Roadster is a bit faster, and has more luxury options...but that wasn't the car I initially wanted to get.

You should always go with your first instinct.
Old 03-16-2001, 12:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Personally, I don't see what the M Coupe offers above the S2000. All in my opinion, but it's not any faster, it's not any prettier, it's not any more fun to drive, it's not cheaper (cost and maint...) The only thing I can think of as an advantage is its more comfortable.

Definitely get it if that's what'll make you happy, but all I can say is, well, the BMW ain't for me!
Old 03-16-2001, 12:41 PM

If you really want to trade the S2000 for the MCoupe' wait for the release of the new engine.
Giampiero
And if you do it,do it because you like it but not because of a good deal;resale value on the MCoupe will go waaay down
when thw new engine will be available.just my opinion.
Old 03-16-2001, 12:43 PM

Obviously, you haven't seen the latest issue of Consumer Report in which the S2K was voted the most fun car to drive. If you have the luxury of getting the M Coupe, I would do it. It is also an excellent car but not like the S2000 though . Good luck...

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading in the S2000 this weekend...