S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Thinking about trading in the SS on a S2000 got a few questions

Old 07-26-2002, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about trading in the SS on a S2000 got a few questions

Alright thought I would pop a few questions before I picked it up. For the past few years I have had a camaro SS and a vette and I'm a long time fan of balls to the wall HP, well I finally got the chance to drive honda's rear wheel drive insane ride the S2000. All I can say id damn that thing is like a glove its so responsive and nothing matches the pleasure of being able to hit 9000 Rpm's. Well I'm pretty much hooked but I have a few questions comments and other ramblings.....

No flaming but Fact my SS is faster off the line quite a bit faster I wantt to mod it before I step up to my Chevy brothers where are a few good places online I can check out ......

Any problems that you guys are having with your cars engine interior or other wise. You don't even want to get me started on the problems I am having with a camaro and I won't even mention the Vette.

Well thanx in advance see you NoVA guys around and if any one see's a Navy blue SS with North Carolinda (in the military) and wants to run go for it thanx again

Josh
Old 07-26-2002, 05:39 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a former modified LT1 Z28 guy, I can tell you that short of Forced Induction you will never get the feeling you get from that V8.

You can try either
Comptech http://www.comptechusa.com
Vortech Supercharger
Speedcraft Turbo Kit
Old 07-26-2002, 06:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Turbo, why didn't ya move this over to S2000 Talk?

*waves OT Moderator Wand ineffectually*
Old 07-26-2002, 08:27 AM

Yeah mine is a LS1 pull a 12.9 in the quarter I am looking to be able to match it if possible. Is it really even possible with out a supercharger or N20????
Old 07-26-2002, 08:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jstyle
[B]Yeah mine is a LS1 pull a 12.9 in the quarter I am looking to be able to match it if possible.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:45 AM

do you have a website for speed craft or how much that will run me.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:55 AM

Definitely no flame against Jstyle, but am I the only one who is getting tired of people trying to turn our fabulous sports car into something it is not? No argument here, the SS is faster off the line, and it was built for that. Next thing these folks are complaining about the lack of torque, modding the hell out of the S, launching it at 7+K and then complaining that the drivetrain is weak - pleeease.! Own it for what it is, drop the top and hit the twisties. Enjoy the positive attention it gets and wear a . If you want off the line performance the S is not your car. That's OK though, there is a limited supply reserved for us, the true lovers of the S2K.

I do understand though Jstyle's desire to jump ship from GM to Honda. I've owned several GM cars myself. Fast off the line, fast to the gas station and definitely fast to the repair shop. OK maybe that last line was a flame.

Keep on Tec'n.

Joser
Silver/Red
Old 07-26-2002, 09:02 AM

If you are going to drag it, especially with a turbo, you better keep a fund for clutches....The S2000 clutch/drivetrain is pretty weak. Eventhough everyone says this car is for the twisties, which I agree with, Honda advertises 0-60 times that are not possible without dropping the clutch...this will quickly cost you some repair money that Honda won't cover under their bumper-bumper (unless they can get out of it) warranty.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:08 AM

Ok not to flame back but you jsut generalized me with a group of people even though i have made all of 4 post so you don't know me. I was asking a simple question on mod options and what was out there did I say you car was weak NO. Did I say that your car has no torque NO. (well it is really low but different subject) Anyways all my question were not meant to upset anyone and I am sorry if I have my deepest apolgies. Thank you again SPORTS CAR ENTHUSIAST's.

Joser believe me I feel the pain of GM's wonderful Service department on a monthly basis I bought a 35k SS and it is burning oil, warping rotors, interior is falling apart, and the list goes on and I have less than 30k miles. Thats one of the reasons for the Honda jump. Back to my orginal question any weak links in the 2.0 or its body?
Old 07-26-2002, 09:28 AM

J - sorry for what may have appeared personal - it was not intended to be. And since you are new here, my bad for unleashing on your post as I did. After a while on this site, you will see where my feelings come from. And I normally have kept them to myself. No apology neccesary from you here.

Now for your question though - last thing I would want a potential owner to do is buy an S and be unhappy. Are there problems with the S? Well it is a piece of highly refined machinery. There are bugs and there are engineering shortfalls. But for the most part you will find a large majority of owners very happy. Again, those that are dropping the clutch at 7K to try to match the advertised acceleration claims and reports will be posting their problems here. I've got 16K of trouble free miles on my '00 and, because of the great exchange of information on this site, I've been able to maintain her and keep from experiencing the problems that others have had.

Again sorry for stepping on your Friday. Cheers.

Joser
Silver/Red

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading in the SS on a S2000 got a few questions