S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Thinking about trading the S2k in...

Old 10-31-2007, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an Iffiniti G35X AWD and love it! I agree what most people are saying here in that you will get the most bang for your buck with a G35.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hootsama,Oct 31 2007, 11:06 AM
Sure, if you're OK buying an e46 with 100,000+ miles on it.
Not true...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/465105048.html

Not willing to spend the time to look for an exact example as this one is good enough. The convertible MSRP is significantly more expensive than the coupe so this should suffice. The M3 can be had with a reasonable number of miles for less than 30k. The only problem is that maintenance will be very expensive.

Both the TL and the G35 are great cars. I was looking a couple weeks ago and found a clean '06 G35 coupe (10K+ miles) for low 20's. I think they are pretty close but the TL's a better DD and the G35's more sporty. Take your pick!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by eCrS2k,Oct 31 2007, 08:23 AM
sorry little off topic but anyone hear that the new TL-S is going to be SH-AWD??
yes that is true, and the new tsx is going to be boosted as well.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:27 PM

Based on your list, get the G35.

But, have you seen the new Accord? Pretty freakin' sweet and alot cheaper than 30k.

Btw, what's wrong with S2k as DD? Why don't you get a cheap beater and keep your S2k?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by pyrocpu,Oct 31 2007, 10:44 AM
$42K for an 04 G35 Coupe means that would have included either dealer markup, other accessories, tax, doc fees, or otherwise ripped off.

The most expensive 04 G35C is $33040 with destination. Add $2250 for Premium Pkg. Add another $2000 for Navi. $550 for Aero. $400 for Satellite radio. Add another $200 for mats, splash guards, and other junk. All prices are full MSRP. That makes it just shy of $38,500. I'm not a rocket scientist by any means, but $38,500 does not = $42,000. Sorry. Not buying your story. x2.

Infiniti has always been a bang for your buck proposition, with more features than others at the same price, or features that other vehicles just don't have.
hey i didnt say they didnt get ripped off nor did i say it was a good buy nor was i trying to get u to "buy the story"... i'm just saying it was possible. i've seen the paperwork on the car because they were trying to get me to sell it for them last summer when they moved out of the country. i had no buyers willing to pay more than 23k. (carmax initially offered 25k). it's the carribean color that u dont see too often here so that could be a reason for lack of interest in reselling.

but anyways, the $42k was out the door price. u add in the 7.25% cali car sales tax, destination fee and u have $42k. not sure y u think i'd want to make up a story just so you'll buy it
Old 11-01-2007, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by dmw16,Oct 31 2007, 10:56 AM
What is the car for?

How many people do you need to haul?

Daily driver? Weekend car?

Kids? No Kids?

I like the G35 and TL, but they are everywhere and i like that the S2000 is a bit less common.

If you need to stay in the same performance bracket as the S2000 then the G35 is probably the only choice on that list.
This car is gonna be my DD replacing the S2k. Sometimes I have to drive more than one person places and I hate having to borrow a friends car. I dont really care too much about performance, more on looks. My top choice is the beemer but like you guys said, its expense to maintain. I guess I'll just have to shop around and see what I like most.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by GPWonTan,Oct 31 2007, 05:09 PM
hey i didnt say they didnt get ripped off nor did i say it was a good buy nor was i trying to get u to "buy the story"... i'm just saying it was possible. i've seen the paperwork on the car because they were trying to get me to sell it for them last summer when they moved out of the country. i had no buyers willing to pay more than 23k. (carmax initially offered 25k). it's the carribean color that u dont see too often here so that could be a reason for lack of interest in reselling.

but anyways, the $42k was out the door price. u add in the 7.25% cali car sales tax, destination fee and u have $42k. not sure y u think i'd want to make up a story just so you'll buy it
Buddy, anything is possible. If you buy a car and finance it over 6 years at 15% and owed $10K on your previous car that you totalled, that $38500 is now a $51600 car. Is that G coupe now priced at $51K? Come on. On a national forum like this, it's pointless to quote prices with TTL and other regional junk. Buy a car in Oregon and there's no sales tax. Some parts of Cali are at 8.25%. That's not apples to apples. What IS an equal comparison is, at minimum, MSRP, or a negotiated price before TTL/fees at most.

Remedial math aside, the TL is a good car; it's just that I believe the G35 is a better one. I can't help but think the TL is a modified (albeit very well) Accord. For anything north of $30K (since some here don't understand, that's $30K MSRP), FF cars are out of the contention. Cold weather state? G35X. Opinions on cars are very subjective, and any of the three: E46, TL, G35 are solid propositions. At least it's not a first-generation Catera!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

um k let's try not turn every thread into argument.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by pyrocpu,Nov 1 2007, 06:02 AM
Buddy, anything is possible. If you buy a car and finance it over 6 years at 15% and owed $10K on your previous car that you totalled, that $38500 is now a $51600 car. Is that G coupe now priced at $51K? Come on. On a national forum like this, it's pointless to quote prices with TTL and other regional junk. Buy a car in Oregon and there's no sales tax. Some parts of Cali are at 8.25%. That's not apples to apples. What IS an equal comparison is, at minimum, MSRP, or a negotiated price before TTL/fees at most.
in another words, u agree w/ what i wrote originally:

i have family member that paid $42k for a '04 g35 coupe fully loaded with everything in Cali back in '03 (when it was still in demand).... so it is definitely possible.

lol. not sure why u wanna turn everything into an argument. and quoting an OTD price is hardly junk, it's just a real world price. it is up to the original poster what he wants to do w/ the info.

who are u to determine what is a "standard" to use on a forum when people are throwing #'s around in approximation. is this a test? did we fail because we didn't round to the nearest decimal? who are u to determine what story you want to "buy" as if everyone's intention is out to deceive you with a lie?

and what u say about 'negotiated' price is just a flat out contradiction. some ppl are able to negotiate lower than others, some have hookups, different months has rebates and incentives. there is no standard for LOW price just like there could be arbitrary # for a HIGH price by your definititon.

flat out ludicrous you need to be offended that some price is POSSIBLE out there beyond the realm of your perceived standards.

...why did i just waste 5 mins of my life writing that? sorry vik2000 and original poster
Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=GPWonTan,Nov 1 2007, 11:35 AM]in another words, u agree w/ what i wrote originally:

i have family member that paid $42k for a '04 g35 coupe fully loaded with everything in Cali back in '03 (when it was still in demand).... so it is definitely possible.

lol. not sure why u wanna turn everything into an argument. and quoting an OTD price is hardly junk, it's just a real world price. it is up to the original poster what he wants to do w/ the info.

who are u to determine what is a "standard" to use on a forum when people are

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading the S2k in...