S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Thinking about these mods, what do you all think ?

Old 07-28-2003, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok ! The time has come for me to start doing some mods for my S2k after resting her in my garage for 3 years now with only 7000 miles. At the moment I'm thinking about some minor mods but, It's better then nothing, right?My car is bone stock at the moment except for painted calipers... I always prefer authorized factory tuners such as AC Schnitzer, Ralliart or Mugen...That's why most of my mods are Mugen products...Here is the list of mods I'm planning,

- Injen CAI- Mugen ECU- Mugen Thermostat
- Mugen Fan Switch- Mugen Radiator Cap

What do you guys think? What could be my power gains and other benefits from these mods? Please share your opinions with me...

Thanks in advence !!!

P.S. I'm still undecided between Mugen ECU or Mugen Exhaust though !:confused
Old 07-28-2003, 02:45 AM

3 years and only 7000 miles?? why bother with the mods-- you never drive the thing! (I think that Mugen Radiator Cap will definitely give ya +10 hp, but don't quote me on that. )

then again, I just saw you live in Istanbul-- great city! I visited there once, spent half a day drinking apple tea with a shop proprietor in the Grand Bazaar while talking about everything under the sun, and on the side negotiating a price for a painting of a whirling dirvish. he probably made a killing off of me, but it was worth it for the great conversation and apple tea. the Blue Mosque, those three pillars in the park (I forget the name!), the history!... the food, the great people (including the overly agressive, but helpful, rug merchants in every 3rd shop)... one of my all-time favorite cities.

what is it like to drive an S2000 there? I bet you really get some looks when you cruise around in that!
Old 07-28-2003, 04:26 PM

I'm glad you liked Istanbul... It really is a great city and I love living in it... It's a great pleasure to drive a s2k in Istanbul and MANY MANY people are staring at it all the time..

Other than that, What do you think about my planned mods? I need opinions...
Old 07-28-2003, 04:46 PM

I don't see anything wrong with your plan. If you like Mugen, why not get the intake? If you really like the Injen, You might as well get 4IG's AEM clone for less with the same performance.

You will likely see more benefits from the ECU than the exhaust. And make sure you have all the cooling mods before you put in the ECU. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

"Istanbul was Constantinople,
now it's Instanbul, not Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks!"

-- They Might Be Giants

Now I can't get that song outta my head!

Sounds to me like your Mod list is cool. I agree with JL9000, get the 4IG intake instead of the Injen, it's a lot cheaper, and it sounds GREAT!
Old 07-28-2003, 06:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Corleone
What do you guys think? What could be my power gains and other benefits from these mods? Please share your opinions with me...
Good stuff but I (have) would suggest the Mugen CAI instead of the other.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:31 AM

JL9000 - I would love to get the Mugen CAI but It's way too much money for an intake, I would rather spend that kind of money for the Mugen exhaust...

ruexp67 - I wanted to get the 4IG Intake but I found out that they can't do international shipping and that's why I went for Injen..

Do you think I would feel a remarkable difference after these mods or just a little push...???
Old 07-29-2003, 12:45 AM

i have the injen cai. you will definitely have a different sound to your car. you wont feel a big difference. your car will sound louder and the vtec transition is smoother yet you will definitely know when vtec kicks in because when the transition happens, the loud noise from the intake just becomes INSANELY loud. try to download a clip of an intake and vtec transition and youll know what im talking about.

the injen intake is a good buy. i recommend it to anyone.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing you've listed, is going to give you a great big push. The ECU would be good, but then again the 02 and up ECUs are pretty well tuned (vs the 02 and below which BLOW). I would go for Injen/AEM CAI and N1 exhaust (isn't the Mugen a dual outlet?)
Old 07-29-2003, 08:47 AM

There has been a new addition to my list unfortunately, yesterday night while I was cruising in mid-range speed my clutch started to slip and It got much worse today.. I took my car to my Honda dealer and they said that my clutch started to wear out and It won't last long besides, clutch sets are not included in the warranty..So I have to replace it myself...

They gave me a price of $605.00 for the set. But while at it I checked the price for Mugen Clutch set and suprisingly it was only $67.00 higher..

-Mugen Metal Clutch Set-

So, now I'm also thinking about getting the Mugen Clutch Set instead of the OEM Set. What do you guys think should I go with Mugen or stick with the OEM set... What could be the possible downsides of Mugen Set ( Hard, heavy, non-daily...etc.).

Please share your opinions with me because I'm about to include the Mugen Set in my order list...

Thanks Again !!!

Quick Reply: Thinking about these mods, what do you all think ?