S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Things you swore never to do when you got your S2k

Old 08-29-2010, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still follow all my rules.... But ive only had the car for a week.

My wife is the only other person to drive my S. It will stay that way. It was that way when I had my prelude too. I like rules.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Sell it

Drink in it. But necessity won out on that one. And I can't count on one hand the number of horrible days for the coffee to end up spilling.

Leave the hardtop on. Nope... Oddly enough, the thing I miss the most are top down moments. I had only gone topless for literally 2 track sessions the last year I owned it. But the top down ride to refuel is what stands out the most.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:44 PM

I definitely don't let anyone but my dad (occasionally, but I have to because he bought it) drive it, which isn't really a problem considering in my generation nobody is learning to drive manuals anymore (still in high school). So I've stuck to that one.

As far as passenger rules, I don't let people eat but a covered drink is ok as long as they don't drink while I'm actually driving. I'm not OCD about the carpet or anything but one girl did put her feet w/ shoes up on my seat which got me pretty annoyed (same girl always slams the door too, no wonder something told me not to get involved with her ). It's hard to get openly mad at people about something like that though so I just remind them when they do it.

One thing I told myself I'd never do is launch the car, but now that I have the Flashpro the launch limiter makes it really enticing . On the right rainy day I don't think I'll be able to resist...
Old 08-29-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by JLUDE,Aug 29 2010, 01:32 PM
I said I'd never drive around town, top down with a guy friend in the passenger seat.....it's happened plenty of times.
yea i forgot about that one! well, i knew it was gona happen sooner or later but i think even til this date i had to drive more guys than girls...
Old 08-29-2010, 11:52 PM

when i had 05 AP2... i always smoked in the car...
so i decided not to smoke in my CR....

so far i havent smoked in it... i always get out of the car to smoke
Old 08-30-2010, 05:51 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

I enjoy the car and only correct bad behavior... mostly with my wife. I just drive it and live with no regrets. I figure you can always by another one from a guy who is super anal and has a garage queen his wife/gf is telling him to clear out to make room for kids.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only my wife gets to drive the S, and even then she prefers not to (she says its too much for her, too fast). I let my father in law drive it once since he's a big car buff (Mazda fan with a supercharged miata and an upgraded mazdaspeed 6) and wanted to compare the S to his vehicles.

Only on a rare occasion do I allow food in the S - say if my daughter is 'starving' or if my wife is thirsty.

And I swear, I clean up the S every chance I get, even when it's not dirty!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:49 AM

Before I turbo'd I let a couple friends drive it, my wife drove it a couple times too. Since the turbo NO ONE but me (well so far anyway) is allowed to drive it. The clutch is pretty tricky and my biggest fear is mis-shifts so now I'm the only one who drives it. Actually since I've modded it most people don't even want to drive it, too scary Though now that I think about it I did let a co-worker friend drive it turbo'd but he drives a 996TT so I figured it would be o.k. He was very impressed.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only people that get to drive my car already know how to drive a stick...Made a mistake about a year ago of letting someone who was rusty in the clutch department plus an aggressive hill with a stop light in the middle equaled my clutch being burned to a crisp. He will never drive my car EVER again!!!

No food or drinks unless it's bottled water...They can take a canned drink but if it spills, they are paying for the cleanup detail(that includes removing the seats to get it all cleaned up).

I just bought a bike(cb750, my first bike) and mention that to a friend yesterday and his friend mentioned he wanted to learn to ride as well. This idiot then says that he wanted to learn on my bike to get the "laying it down" and "dropping it"(learning process) out of the way(keep in mind I met this idiot about 2 hours ago or so earlier)... I laughed and said, the only way that's gonna happen is if you let me hold on to you 1995 Eclipse's title and keys...He didn't go for it. I gave him a anology that what he asked was basically me saying to him, "Here, hold my girls titties for a moment there and leaving her with him in a bedroom"...Not gonna happen and you're an idiot. Then he proclaimed that the only reason he wanted one so that "looked" good rolling, doesn't care about anything else. I told him to get a Cadillac and a chauffeur, nothing looks better then getting chauffeured in a caddy(true pimpin' and much safer). Idiot!!!

I texted my friend later that his buddy was an idiot...he agreed, lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpman2k,Aug 29 2010, 04:32 PM
Not gonna mod. Gonna keep it stock! Yeah, right...
This was me for about 3 years of ownership... in the last year the mod bug hit me hard. Now, therer is no going back.

Quick Reply: Things you swore never to do when you got your S2k