S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Things you swore never to do when you got your S2k

Old 08-29-2010, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things you swore never to do when you got your S2k

Did any of you have a list of things you would never do when you first bought your S? I had a whole laundry list that I made from reading some posts, but after only 3 months of ownership I noticed I've broken most of my own rules..(I have a feeling this might get long lol)

Well one of them was I was NEVER gonna let anyone else drive this car as I've heard many people on here say. The night I drove home, I let my dad drive it although he hasn't driven stick in years. Then within less than a week of owning the car I let one of my friends drive it (and he in return asked me to drive his modded wrx which I didn't refuse ). So I decided that as long as I know them, and they know how to drive a stick for sure then I would allow them.

However, I never even thought twice about teaching anyone manual in this car. My reason being that my previous car 240sx, I have taught some people to drive manual and it was very frustruating and it took some toll on my clutch. Strangely, one of my very close friends that I always wished was into cars so we have more to talk about, told me last week that he's getting more interested in cars. He also told me he's thinking of buying a car in a month and wants his first car to be a manual just because he felt that every guy should know how to drive stick. I must have been very moved by that because I ended up teaching him how to drive manual in the S and he actually ended up learning pretty fast and drove in the streets within an hour or so. He obviously was very very thankful and had a blast, and I'm glad I taught him because I think I convinced him even more on buying a manual car.

Lastly, I'm very anal about my car and I was pretty much going to be a nazi about my passengers as I did not want my bolster flattened and holes in my carpet. However, after seeing people's reactions and how happy they were for me that I finally got my dream car, I just couldn't be an ahole about it. Most people were so careful coming in and out of the car because they didn't want to damage it so it wasn't too bad anyway. I also didn't want people to think I was a stuck up dbag with a nice car so I try to be as nice as I can to people wanting to check out my car. (Except to ricers and shady people asking me "Yo how much u got that for" or "Yo how much u wanna sell that for )

So all in all, I think the S has some magical power that turns its owners into nicer people. In the end, it's just a car and a mighty fine one at that, and most people can't help but want to check it out and know more about it. It feels good to be nice to them and let others enjoy the S2000 as much as we all enjoy it ourselves. Once again sorry it got so long!

And here's a pic of the generous beast

Old 08-29-2010, 07:34 AM

all I can say is ditto.....I said ALL of those things, and have broken all of those rules....Hell, I let my High-school sweetheart race it from time to time...
Old 08-29-2010, 07:39 AM

I told my self i wouldnt drive it in the rain because of the lack of traction control. Now whenever it rains I still take the car out. I also told myself no one else would drive the car, and by now I think about 6 other people have driven it. Never fully taught anyone to drive it, but had some beginners at driving stick drive it around a parking lot for a bit.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 AM

I was even considering buying a DD (im on an extremelt low budget) and my car had only 33k on it (MY01). But instead i've already beat on its pretty paint a lot all well, it just makes it easier later when i have money to s/c it and tear it up at the track
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 AM

As it becomes a part of your life, you start to worry less and less about the little fiddly things that you thought you would obsess over when you daydreamed about owning. At least, that's how it has been for me. It is a DD, and in the end "just a Honda." I don't say that in a negative way, but happy that I can share it and drive it and not worry about it too much.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:32 AM

I said I'd never drive around town, top down with a guy friend in the passenger seat.....it's happened plenty of times.

As I've gotten older I find myself being less anal and less obsessive over my cars. I would wash the S2000 after every 3-5 uses....now it's more like once a month.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:02 AM

Like most of you I told myself I would not let others drive my car, as of today I have had a hand full of people drive my car once and only like two people drive her more than once.

Also said no one was allowed a drink in my car unless it was something wit a lid. I still dnt allow drinks in my car.
I don't let people eat in my car, especially after I have seen how filthy some of my friends keep there cars, with mcdonald bags and wrapper all over the place!! But then again now that I think bought it I was the same way with just about every car I have owned.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 AM

Yes, on
"Nobody canna drive a ma car" after I let 2 boobs drive, AND ONE WAS MY POP!!!! I am now back to "Nobody canna drive a ma car"

Heres how I 'splain it, and it works:

I do not give away my trade, my woman, my dog, or my car, EVER!

BTW did you pay my last insurance bill, taxes,registration etc.?

This goes far past just being "a car".
Old 08-29-2010, 11:41 AM

No food or drink, ever. I just tell people my car doesnt have a cupholder.

Also, I originally thought I would never drive it in the winter. That didnt last long, at all.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not gonna mod. Gonna keep it stock! Yeah, right...

Quick Reply: Things you swore never to do when you got your S2k