S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Are these lights in 'perfect condition'?(resolved)

Old 08-18-2008 | 05:10 PM

Default Are these lights in 'perfect condition'?(resolved)

Hey guys,

I bought these 03 tail lights from an S2Ki.com member after I posted a thread in the WTB section (thread can be found here -> https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...#entry13971627) I specifically state "IDC if it has a fade lens but the light can't have any scratches or cracks." The seller described the tail lights in 'perfect condition' via PM and this is what I received:

As you can see the tail light is covered in fine scratches, has 3 larger scratches (2 on top and one to the side), the lens popped off and it has over spray on the bottom. This is just the passenger side, the driver's side has some scratches too be not as bad as the passenger side. I've already attempted to use plastic cleaner to remove the scratches (the lights were COVERED in dust). As well, look at how this person shipped the item... 4 pieces of foam... no bubble wrap, no popcorn... It was free to move around which is probably why the lens popped off and/or it rubbed against the cardboard box to cause all these fine scratches?

So my question is:

a) Would you consider these in perfect condition?

b) Was I scammed?

c) If so, should I be entitled to some kind of refund?

I won't mention who the seller until I get some feedback from the s2ki.com... he's already told me I'm SOOL...

Thoughts? Comments?

Keith
Old 08-18-2008 | 05:13 PM

i think its one part dodgy packaging and one part 'its second hand' .. but if it was stated to be in 'perfect condition' then it should have arrived flawless.

i would expect it to be in mint condition if i was you.
Old 08-18-2008 | 05:24 PM
15 Year Member

that's ridiculous, ask for partial refund that you are happy with... Personally, I would just return that POS and get the money back...

I hate people who lies about the condition of the goods they are selling...
Old 08-18-2008 | 05:30 PM

Seller ripped you off, return them and get your money back. Even if the small scratches happened from shipping the bigger ones were definitely there before. Good luck in dealing with this.

Also for future purposes, ALWAYS ask for pictures of the product before you buy them over the internet second hand. If the seller can't provide pictures, don't buy it.
Old 08-18-2008 | 05:32 PM

Did you pay over 100 for those? Sheez I could only get 60 plus shipping for mine and they were in better condition than the one you received. I would do what you can to get some money back.
Old 08-18-2008 | 06:56 PM

not even close to mint. not even close to OK.
Old 08-18-2008 | 07:33 PM

obviously in some garbage ass condition. i would demand a refund and he def scammed you. and that is seriously some poor ass shipping. cmon a first grader can do better than that.
Old 08-18-2008 | 07:51 PM
15 Year Member

You did get ripped off if they said they were in perfect condition. However just so you know, they can be made to look 100% perfect in the hands of someone with a rotary polisher and some now how. I have restored much worse with some 3M plastic cleaner and polish and 1500rpms
Old 08-18-2008 | 08:19 PM

I would try to buff them out and see how they clean up. I bet you can get most of the scratches out and they will look a lot better.

In their current condition, IMO they look like a 6.5 out of 10.
Old 08-18-2008 | 09:22 PM
15 Year Member

Theres no way shoddy packaging did all those scratches. They were probably "perfect condition" a few years ago

Quick Reply: Are these lights in 'perfect condition'?(resolved)