S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is there a way to reset the SRS light?

Old 01-07-2006, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure? I think MES is the yellow one to the left of the one indicated. I went and looked. I have the special tool and on MY 03 it's the one to the left. You can tell because the tool won't fit that connection. I didn't bother to unhook it because I don't know what it is. But it isn't my MES, mine is the one to the left that is in a "dead" socket. It is there only for memory erase so has no connectors in it's socket.

The photo above is probably inncorrectly marked, please don't jump this connection.

I have posted before on to reset the SRS on a MY 2003 as well as how to pull the actual DTC. If you search "SRS reset" or even "SRS" you should find some fairly detailed info. I can't post pics, but I'll check back and type everything up again if I have to.

Oh man, I just saw you asking "is this" not stating "this is". Question mark should have given me a clue. I wrote a stupid post yesterday as well.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SenderGreen,Jan 7 2006, 08:41 PM
Are you sure? I think MES is the yellow one to the left of the one indicated. I went and looked. I have the special tool and on MY 03 it's the one to the left. You can tell because the tool won't fit that connection. I didn't bother to unhook it because I don't know what it is. But it isn't my MES, mine is the one to the left that is in a "dead" socket. It is there only for memory erase so has no connectors in it's socket.

The photo above is probably inncorrectly marked, please don't jump this connection.

I have posted before on to reset the SRS on a MY 2003 as well as how to pull the actual DTC. If you search "SRS reset" or even "SRS" you should find some fairly detailed info. I can't post pics, but I'll check back and type everything up again if I have to.

Oh man, I just saw you asking "is this" not stating "this is". Question mark should have given me a clue. I wrote a stupid post yesterday as well.
Glad I didn't do the paper clip thing today SO its the smaller one in the picture right? I thought it was the one with the red arrow due to the socket style (its the same style as the airbag plug in the steering wheel).

Again thanks for the help
Old 01-07-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I believe so. You do have a different model year. It should be in a "dead" socket. Honda says to use their little tool. It's like $4 or $6. It is nothing more than a jumper with the proper socket on it. I believe someone else on the forum stated that it has 2ohms resistance. I havn't checked that personally, although I may later. Good Luck

EDIT: Honda OEM SRS tool 07PAZ-0010100 = 0ohms resistance.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:09 PM

Thanks so much, works perfect. One thing, if you are using a piece of wire, maybe put some ends on it. I was getting really frustrated because it wasn't working, but it was actually because the loose wires were crossing over. Awesome post!!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Oct 14 2003, 04:23 PM
Thank you so much for posting this!
I just did mine with a paper clip, and it only took 10 min!

The cable your looking for, that you hook the jumper wire up to, is green with yellow tape around it. The toughest part finding that.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Keith
If it's like the Prelude, which I believe it is, this what you need to do...

Make my own SCS service connector with a switch (basically a jumper cable with a switch to open and close the connection). This is what mine looks like...

- I located the MES connector (it's yellow plug under the dash) and plug in my SCS connector with the switch on the 'on' position.

- Turn the ignition switch to ON II.

- The SRS light stayed on for 6 six then shut off.

- I turned the switch to the 'off' position within 4 seconds of the SRS light turning off.

- The SRS will appear again and I turned the switch back to the 'on' position within 4 seconds of the switch turning back on again.

- The SRS light will turn off and I turned the switch to the off position again within 4 seconds of the SRS light turning off.

- The SRS indicator light will blink 2 times which means the memory has been erased.

- Turn the ignition to the OFF position and wait 10 seconds.

It worked for me on my Lude. FAQ this!

Keith
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14569230594792
Old 06-12-2011, 04:59 AM

Old thread is old.