S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is there someone out there that beats me in amount of time; "wanting" to own the car?

Old 07-11-2001, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoot me an email and we'll set up a day to go for a drive. I was thinking lunch but maybe after work would be better and we could head up Bogus Basin road or something. I dunno, though, after taking a ride I think you're really going to have it bad!
Old 07-11-2001, 06:51 AM

Between my first test drive and the actual day I picked up the car, there was a period of almost 1 year. I was adamant in not going over MSRP. And when MSRP was possible, I tried to do a little better than sticker. A couple of deals got really close but didn't work out. At times it was frustrating. At one point, I was willing to sacrifice color choice. But it all worked out in the end. Aft3burn, the wait will make it all the sweeter. Patience.
Old 07-11-2001, 06:58 AM

speaking of the credit thing i went to go buy my s2000 last week and they said that i had ok credit 504 was my score and offered me a 8.25 apr is this good or bad
i blame the neg credit reports to my youthful dumb days. but i have been good on my credit since

oh btw i am 22
Old 07-11-2001, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by cali_guy
speaking of the credit thing i went to go buy my s2000 last week and they said that i had ok credit 504 was my score and offered me a 8.25 apr is this good or bad
i blame the neg credit reports to my youthful dumb days. but i have been good on my credit since

oh btw i am 22
I think my credit was somewhere around 650ish, and I needed 800ish....
8.25 is OK...it's not great, but it's not bad, I personally would go with it

heheh you're 22? hehehe I'm 27
Old 07-11-2001, 07:20 AM

I had my S2000 on order for 8 months. . . Then, I had to wait an additional 2 months because for an 01. . .

10 months of waiting time. . . Priceless
Old 07-11-2001, 07:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RodneyK
[B]Shoot me an email and we'll set up a day to go for a drive.
Old 07-11-2001, 08:15 AM

Stay away from those credit repair places. There's nothing they can do to remove bad marks from your records. They'll just take your money and screw you over some more.

As for the wait, I've been wanting this car since I first heard of it and I put a $1000 deposit down in February of 2000. I'm hoping to get my S2000 this fall and I'm already getting anxious even though it's still several months away. Luckily, Austin has a great bunch of owners that let me hang out and ride with them on their drives. Although it's definitely not as much fun to ride as drive, it's still fun and keeps me motivated to keep saving. Good luck and know that you're not alone in the wait.

Mark
Old 07-11-2001, 08:25 AM

Ok I'm staying away from those credit repair places...I've heard enough negative responses from my friends here on the forum and here at work. Ok, so, credit repair place is OFF my list now...leaves me with buying or leasing....somehow...

I appreciate all of your helpful posts! I just have to vent every few months to the forum I guess Last time was in November....looks like here in a few months I'll be venting again
Old 07-11-2001, 08:42 AM
dbw

i've been waiting all my life for this car!!!!!....

....be patient...
Old 07-11-2001, 09:02 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay away from those credit repair services... Most are scams and some involve illegal methods in obtaining a good credit rating (telling you to file for a Federal EIN # and so that in place of your Social Security #).

If you had bad credit in the past, then try to fix it now. Improve it by showing stability.

Also try some other Honda dealerships... some specialize in "Special Financing" cases; they will work with you and your situation. As long as you show some stability in recent times and proof of income you're set.

Quick Reply: Is there someone out there that beats me in amount of time; "wanting" to own the car?