S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is there someone out there that beats me in amount of time; "wanting" to own the car?

Old 07-10-2001, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there someone out there that beats me in amount of time; "wanting" to own the car?

According to "current economic conditions" it looks like I'll never be able to get this awesome car...I think I'm the only person that has been wanting it, has been here and an enthusiast, for this long and STILL doesn't have one! Ever since I saw pre-views of the car in the Jan 1999 issue of car and driver, last summer's "NO" to my financing was a big DEMOTIVATOR....but I'm hangin' in there!
Old 07-10-2001, 04:05 PM

"Patience is a virtue." I had to wait 4 months to get mine because I would not budge on getting it for anything over MSRP.
Old 07-10-2001, 04:28 PM
Former Moderator

I'm pretty sure your the leader
Don't worry, you get it one day, and just think, all that waiting will make it even sweeter!
Old 07-10-2001, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by Aft3rburn
...I think I'm the only person that has been wanting it, has been here and an enthusiast, for this long and STILL doesn't have one!
You're not alone...I've been following since the first prototype came out, and have been following the forums since the H-A days. The agony of watching everyone else getting theirs and not mine...and now I find myself waiting some more for the new silver...
Old 07-10-2001, 05:12 PM

I honestly started saving for my S2000 in I think it was 97 when the protype SSM came out.
Old 07-10-2001, 05:16 PM

I keep on getting these solicitations about repairing your "bad" credit.....some of them look legit, and others are just waaay off!

I'm wondering if I should go with one, repair the credit, and when I have enough, do the down payment....
Doesn't a negative remark on your credit stay on your credit report for 7 years? I don't want to wait 4 more years to get an S2000....Yeah, I don't have EXCELLENT or even GOOD credit, but what can I say? It REALLY sucks working in the Air Force living on $300 every two weeks (this was years ago FYI) so I'm bound to have a delinquent payment....

Anyways, I was thinking of starting up a website that was like www.buymeaferrari.com (a member of this board who's name is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember!)
Old 07-10-2001, 05:17 PM

first saw the prototype (just a tiny picture) in some oooooooooold issue of sport compact car while i was on the crapper. been a long n painful wait, but worthwhile
Old 07-10-2001, 07:00 PM
Sev

ALthough i own one, i was waiting for it since 1997 when plans for the car were anounced... In fact, i got a prelude SH in 1998 knowing that i would trade up when the s2k came out...

It must be tough dude, i wish i was in your area, would take you for a spin in it to help you make the wait a little easier...
Old 07-10-2001, 07:08 PM
Former Moderator

Well lets get personal here then.
Firstly, don't waste your money on the Credit Repair services. These people charge you a lot of money for what you can do your self. Check on the net, there are tons of resources to help you with this stuf.
Now as for bad credit, Your talking to the king!
I have either R-9 ( the worst rating ) or R-1 ( the best ) nothing in between.
When my business got involved in some contract disputes I spent 10's of thousands of dollars with lawyers only to get nothing but broke. I stiffed Visa, but paid my suppliers. Hence I couldn't borrow 5 bucks. ( straight form the banks mouth! )
What I did was get in tight with my Bank manager, In time he knew I was the type of guy who took risks, I win some I lose some, he was willing to take a chance, and realistcaly he had nothing to lose, I owned my home. With that I bought my S2K, A 2001 Accord ExV6 coupe, and 2 more houses. All this while still having absolutly the worst credit. Don't fall for the crap the creditors try to scare you with. There was a time when I thought my credit was so important, now I know it's not worth shit. ( excuse the language )

If you want it, go get it...There is always a way around the obstacles.

Ohh and smile and have a nice day
Old 07-10-2001, 10:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mindcore
[B]Well lets get personal here then.
Firstly, don't waste your money on the Credit Repair services. These people charge you a lot of money for what you can do your self. Check on the net, there are tons of resources

Quick Reply: Is there someone out there that beats me in amount of time; "wanting" to own the car?