S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is there going to be 2002 S2000?

Old 03-23-2001, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ask this because one of the dealer said the following:

"Thank you for your time and interest in Poway Honda and the limited edition S2000.
The S2000 is a very limited edition, only 15,000 were produced and after this year they will no longer be produced.
I wish that I could help you and earn your business, however you will not find the S2000 anywhere for MSRP. I wish you the best and good luck"

I think this is BS, but just wanted to know for sure so I could e-mail this guy back and tell him. Thanks
Old 03-23-2001, 11:40 AM

This has been speculated to death, and the only fact that there is is that no one knows. Honda hasn't made an official announcement, and until they do, all the rumors are just rumors.
Old 03-23-2001, 11:43 AM

Based on your dealer's false claim that "you will not find the S2000 anywhere for MSRP," I would say that the S2000 WILL be produced for at least one more year.

MSRP (or under) is fairly easy to find now if you are willing to travel!
Old 03-23-2001, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Platinum
[B]I ask this because one of the dealer said the following:

"Thank you for your time and interest in Poway Honda and the limited edition S2000.
The S2000 is a very limited edition, only 15,000 were produced and after this year they will no longer be produced.
I wish that I could help you and earn your business, however you will not find the S2000 anywhere for MSRP.
Old 03-23-2001, 03:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Platinum
[B]I wish that I could help you and earn your business, however you will not find the S2000 anywhere for MSRP.
Old 03-23-2001, 03:09 PM

And several folks have posted here that even in socal, they have found the car for MSRP recently...
Old 03-23-2001, 04:23 PM

I think it is a rumor. This happened to NSX before. There was rumor about NSX is a limited production. now what, the new NSX is going to be produced shortly. Also think as a economist, if you put money into Research and Development to develop a new car (good car), would you set a limit for your cheques?!
Old 03-23-2001, 06:36 PM

I probably shouldn't be spouting this out, but I recently(Tuesday) got one UNDER MSRP and in yellow too. I don't plan on selling anytime soon, so I guess it's alright to mention that. Although, I do live near the midwest and I think they are generally lower priced in the area. Let me know if you want one and I'll set up a shipping deal for only $10,000 over MSRP......kidding, of course.
Old 03-23-2001, 09:26 PM

I'm getting mine (spa yellow) for $1300 under MSRP INCLUDING the rear spolier AND security system in Minnesota.

It is possible, and from what I've seen - quite easy to get one well under MSRP, if you you do a little leg work.

Pick it up on Monday!

Incidentally, there is no way that they are going to only have a two-year production run. Let's get real here. Honda is a business, and in business companies aren't into throwing money away uselessly. I imagine there was considerable development costs involved in designing and producing this auto. Understandibly so, they would like to recoupe the costs of producing it. It's only the dishonest car dealers (or salesmen) that tell us that. I've learned to distrust car dealers/salesmen. They always tell you what you want to hear, or whatever they think is going to sell you a car at the highest profit possible.

Besides, why would anyone wish for Honda to stop making such great cars??? I'd like to see an even greater selection of awesome cars from Honda. I for one am glad to see cars like the Stook, the new Nissan Z (next year), the new Mazda RX-8 (and maybe new RX-7???). I've had enough of the SUV craze!

Let us remember - buying a car IS NOT AN INVESTMENT. Even for a car as great as the Stook. Everyone's Stook drops in value as soon as you drive it off the lot - just like any other car.

Jason
---------------------
Check out my sites:
http://www.LosAngelesGasPrices.com
http://www.TwinCitiesGasPrices.com
Old 03-23-2001, 09:28 PM

Try palmdale Honda. They offered one to me at MSRP last year but I ended up going to Merced.

Quick Reply: Is there going to be 2002 S2000?