S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

"That's cute!"

Old 06-18-2001, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have gotten a few of the same myself. It is something like...oh that is such a cute car, what is it? I suppose it's better that nothing.
Old 06-18-2001, 07:29 PM

A Miata is cute.....

I would not call my car cute Cute is so vague that it has no meaning. I get it all the time and I have found out that if You can get them to clarify what they are saying, you will find out what they really mean. In my case, on a number of ocassions, it usually means that it is aggressive, yet feminine in shape. I also get "it looks like it is relaxing to drive." I then respond "you don't know the half of it."
Old 06-18-2001, 08:04 PM

that's why women get mad at men all the time... I mean she gives a compliment, and guys are tearing it up...

For the record, I don't think I've ever gotten cute:
"that car is beautiful"
or
"that car looks great"

But in all seriousness... a compliment is a compliment IMO.

-Shing
Old 06-18-2001, 08:17 PM

I just wish hens would replace the word "cute" w/ the word "sexy" sometimes. I mean, come on, the S2K isn't cute, it's sexier than a woman in her man's flannel shirt!
Old 06-19-2001, 02:51 PM

Remember, most of the people who refer to your car as "cute", also think that a football player's ass is "cute". An equally distasteful thought. On some things, we will just not agree.
Old 06-19-2001, 04:38 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Most people using the term simply don't understand it.

The dictionary defines 'cute' as 'interesting but ugly' therefore they are insulting your car without knowing they are doing so.

To say it about your wife or g/f is even worse.
Old 06-19-2001, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, many more women have called my S2000 beautiful. Very few have called it cute.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:01 AM

in the last week, i've had 4 girls call the car cute. one while one of my good friend was in the car. his response to the girl....(mumbles under his breath) 240 is ass-ripping, not cute , not cute....luckily the girl didnt see, hehe.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:48 AM

I tend to think the cute comment comes from a lack of ability to properly describe the feeling they have when they first see the car. It's a emotional response.

Regardless of the emotional response it evokes in us, it's a compliment and shouldn't be viewed in any other way. If these people did not like our cars to begin with, they wouldn't say anything at all.

I'm happy just getting the attention. Sure didn't happen when I had my Civic
Old 06-20-2001, 01:32 AM

When a woman says "he's cute" it is the loose equivalent of a guy saying "she's hot", which is precisely equivalent of a guy saying "I want to jump her bones!". Therefore, when a woman says your car is cute, she is really saying that she wants to have sex IN THE CAR, but not necessarily with YOU... then she would say that YOU are cute.

However, when a little old lady says your car is cute, you should be concerned for your safety.

Just my $.02...

Quick Reply: "That's cute!"