S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

tein s tech, koni yellow and pss9

Old 05-06-2008, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein s tech, koni yellow and pss9

What I have: MY02 stock suspension 46K miles with Tein S-Techs. It's my daily driver and I'm looking for more "stability" and less bounce. I do not track, autoX or canyon run.

I'm looking for a new suspension set up. Anyone own S Tech and changed to either Koni Yellow/ eibach springs or the bilstein PSS9?

I would like to know first hand experience on how the handling improved on either set ups. Things such as did the car "bounce" less or how much is body roll reduced. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Please do not flame, I know this particular suspension question has been posts many times. I mainly want replies from members who have own Stechs and changed to pss9 or koni yellows. Any other comments will also be helpful
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 PM

i have the pss9's and i must say, although i'm still in the midst of playing with the settings, it is much better dampened than the stock shocks. i haven't had any experience with the koni's, so i cannot comment on those. if it is your daily driver, i would highly recommend the pss9's. on the freeway small to sorta medium bumps feel like nothing and anything bigger than that is firmer than stock. it's an unexpected feeling at first, but for a daily driver i'm sure you'd appreciate it very much. i drive from irvine to pomona a lot and freeways are so much smoother now, but potholes and really rough roads are a little bit harsher, while at the same time better dampened...

i hope that made sense, it's kinda hard to describe lol. just so you know, i came from a stock ap2 with stock springs, not tein s-techs.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:26 PM

Thank you terahertz. Did the car feel more stable meaning were you more planted to ground? Was the install pretty easy?

This reason i made this thread was so i can decide on which suspsension to get. I was leaning towards the koni yellow/eibach set up which will run me 850-900. The bilstein are 1250. I figure I just get the coils, but i've own coilovers before and never adjusted the height. Do you adjust your height often?
Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 AM

the install was pretty easy with help. i dont think i could have done it myself though. i'm still messing with the settings so i cant really comment too much about the handling, but so far i have noticed i can overtake people on a 2 lane onramp in the outside lane with more confidence now.

i adjusted the height myself in the kragens parking lot lol. you just need to jack up the corner you want to change, take the wheel off, then use the two wrenches. pretty simple stuff.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 AM

I have the Konis dropped on H&R springs.
The overall ride is definitely smoother than stock.
Car feels less bumpy and twitchy when going over road imperfections, but hugs the road better when cornering.

I haven't had a chance to push the car since I installed them last weekend.
But I think it'll do better in canyon runs.

Dan
Old 05-07-2008, 06:35 AM

FYI, H&R springs seem to be progressive.

Dan
Old 05-07-2008, 01:06 PM

Now that I heard from both sides im right back to where i started, which is what set to get, LOL. nearwater4me, do you have pictures of your car lowered? I would like a 1 inch drop, will the koni/eibach, H&R etc do this? Also what MY do you have nearwater4me.