S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Tein RA question?

Old 09-26-2002, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein RA question?

does the Tein RA has the same travel as the stock suspension? (regardless of ride height setting)

will the ride height setting affect the alignment?

how harsh is the ride? (compare to stock)

how will it affect everything when adjusting compression and rebound damping?

Tein RA won't rust cause it's made out of Aluminum?

weight saving?

user impression?

thanks a lot.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:36 PM

I've had them for a month now and I love them. At first when I had it on stock height it rode like a type R. Now that I lowered the car an 1 1/2 it seems that it stuck to the road. The ride is not harsh at all and I love it. It corners so much better and the car feels more secure. Another thing that I like its that it doesn't bounce. If u get them I suggest that u stiffen them because its too soft with the recommended setting. As for weight, the Teins are lighter, but not that much.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:36 PM

I highly recommend them
Old 09-26-2002, 11:40 PM

so the ride height is fixed for a certain spring rate? (that means in order to alter the ride heights, i have to change to another sping rate?)

you think the travel of the shock is reduced comparing to the stock shocks?

where did you get it installed? can you pm me how much?

thanks
Old 09-26-2002, 11:46 PM

The camber will be changed when changing the ride height and an alignment is recommened if a change is made.

The harshness of the ride depends on the setting. You can make the RA's more harsh than stock or have them softer than stock. For me, the maximum stiffness setting was not as much as I expected.

The adjustments to compression and rebound will affect the ride quality and the overall controlability of the car. Pick a setting you are comfortable with.

If the question your asking is that Aluminum does not rust than that is correct. It has a layer of oxidation which protects it from rusting when exposed to air.

The weight savings are there but not very significant.

The setup my car is currently at has allowed me much more control over the car when having fun sliding through turns. It is just more stable and the control of power over and lift-off oversteer when entering a turn is so much better. I would give them an 9/10 for adjustability, quality of construction, ride quality and price. I just wish they were more adjustable. One more thing, get a cross brace when you are at it, if you have not done so already. This mod also help in cornering and is a cheap and easy install.

Konrad
Old 09-27-2002, 06:36 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

i have had mine on for 2 weeks or so.... i set them up exactly how the directions say (6 cm from the center of the mounting bolt to the bottom of the adjustment perch thing).... my car's fenders are at 25inches (roughly), which is a perfect lowered height.

Anyway... the adjustable harshness (dampning i think) has something like 16 different clicks of setting..... i put it on roughly the 5th from the harshest and it is fairly jarring. My rear tire lifted when turning over a some small bumps the other day which i thought was funny but there aren't that many "moguls" on a racetrack. Besides the bonejarring ride i have, no other oddities... (i chose the rugged ride, so that is my fault).

Overall, i like them. I paid $1200 used....the guy had already put them together and was a shop, so i liked that better than me f'ing them up on the put them together thing.

Scot
Old 09-27-2002, 06:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm getting a set of Tein RA soon........still researching. I really like the buddy club coilover system tho but they are just too hard to get a hold of.

I got a price from a dealer $1630 shipped brand new.....is it a good price for Tein RA?
Old 09-27-2002, 07:51 AM

Originally posted by SuzukaS2K
I got a price from a dealer $1630 shipped brand new.....is it a good price for Tein RA?
That is the best price you are going to get unless a company is dumping the product onto the market. This is the dealer cost, same price I received mine for, so the place your buying them from is not making money.

Konrad
Old 09-27-2002, 07:55 AM

I got mine from Science of Speed and highly recommend them.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:13 AM

I wanted to get the Tein RA's with the EDFC that they came out with but then I found out that that they can't put the EDFC into the S2000 Oh well......

Quick Reply: Tein RA question?