S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

taking up 2 parking spaces?

Old 01-13-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taking up 2 parking spaces?

alright well i cant really think of anything worse than having little tiny dings in my S, so do you take up 2 parking spaces or just park in the wayyy back of lots(i dont mind a little walk to protect my S). i dont take handicap or pregnant spots. haha. i always get made fun of mostly by the gf..i just think shes jealous.

but is this alright? does anyone else park in the back? or am i just crazy...

thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if its far off, I would still think you're an ass for doing that, regardless of what car you drive.

A few people might think its alright but I know it'll be asking to get your car more likely vandalized.

Just my $0.02
Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 PM

Personally I could care less what people do as long as there is enough parking. That said I think people who feel compelled to behave that way probably should sit down with a therapist and find out the real problem, in particular when the vehicle is nothing special(like a s2k for example)
Old 01-13-2008, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if there aren't any other cars around why not just park normally in the back row? You're just asking for someone to mess with your car when you park like that.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by WynnS123,Jan 13 2008, 08:53 PM
if there aren't any other cars around why not just park normally in the back row? You're just asking for someone to mess with your car when you park like that.
Yea, parking in the back normally would seem to solve both issues. If someone wants to park next to you, they will, whether you're taking up one or two spots.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:58 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I always park in the back, but never take up two spots. If someone decides to park right next to me for some odd reason, its usually a nicer car or someone who is very careful. Never had any issues.

I remember I parked way far out in the back, and come back to see a Benz CLS next to me. Another time, a Boxster was next to me, and one other moment, a G35. There must be some sort of unspoken car code when we don't want dings. Haha
Old 01-13-2008, 04:59 PM

I hate people who do this, and I think most people do too, so by doing this, you are probably going to make your car a bigger object of vandalism.

Moreover, if you are doing this in the "back of the parking lot with nobody around," then what's the point? If nobody is around, you can park in a single spot and still avoid other cars. If you are close enough to other cars to have to worry about door dings, then you are close enough to be wasting two spots, on a tiny car no less.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:00 PM

I park as far up front as possible, as long as it isn't one of those tiny "compact" parking spots. I used to park other cars I've had out in the "back 40" but it seems when ever I did that some ass in a POS would park right next to me. I do seek out end spots when ever possible though since that way worst case is a ding on one side only!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:01 PM

I usually park out far and have never had anyone park right next to me simply b/c people are lazy and dont want to walk that far. I do still just park where ever if Im in a hurry, but I try to park on the end or next to a 4 door to lower my chances of getting dinged. It's not that big of a deal though. My S is 8 years old so I guess it's different.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:01 PM

i'm running for governor of FL. vote for me because i promise to widen ALL parking spaces throughout the state by 50%.

jeggy A.K.A. Pedro.

Quick Reply: taking up 2 parking spaces?