S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

swirl king

Old 11-03-2000, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm scared of black now. how does the electron blue stand up?
Old 11-03-2000, 11:48 AM

if you try really hard, u can see a few little pieces of swirlys...but they are easy to get rid of. it's beautiful. i just read that they might be coming out with the indy blue stook's...is the indy blue anything like electron blue? hope so, if it is, i'm trading in...hehe, hope i don't have to pay too much.

don't be scared. i think my case is just a matter of the dude who had the car b4 me treated it like crap (the paint). so there are marks everywhere. if you take care of it from the get-go, you'll be okay. black is hard to take care of...but if you're just patient, it's not a problem. mine is already messed up, that's the problem.

c'mon people post! help meee
Old 11-03-2000, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a recent post has some ideas too:
http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...hp?threadid=851
Old 11-03-2000, 11:53 AM

i guess i'll go at it with some more meguiars today...see if it helps any...this is getting to be really frustrating. now that i'm planning on trading it in for the blue...this is gonna kill the value of the car. i know it's still a ways away...but it bugs
Old 11-03-2000, 04:20 PM

read my last post...

back to the top, damnit! hehe
Old 11-03-2000, 04:31 PM

Sounds like you got rid of the deeper swirl marks and are left with the finer ones. Keep at it and use a foam applicator pad, cleaning pad frequently. Allow compound to "breakdown" as you are using it, that is, it gets somewhat powdery as you work the paint. Do a smaller area first like this and see if you see results. You should. Use the swirl remover and when the finish is just about swirl free, go Gold Class wax.
Old 11-03-2000, 04:34 PM

how do i clean the pad?
Old 11-03-2000, 04:35 PM

woohoo!! my first thread that's on fire!
yay for me!

okay...i'm too into this board..hehe
Old 11-03-2000, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by enLihtninBoy:
how do i clean the pad?
I use water (reverse osmosis) while squeezing the old wax/polish out of the pad. Dry by squeezing with a paper towel wrapped around it: no soap.

Old 11-04-2000, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by enLihtninBoy:
my zaino is on the way...but i figure if these products can't do much of anything...zaino is going to have a tough time as well...
Don't underestimate the power of Zaino. This shit will knock your boots off. Trust me you are going to be amazed.

As a side note re: Zaino. I have never had an easier time washing my car since I put Zaino on. It takes half the time it did when I used the plain old Meguires. Nothing sticks to it, sap, bugs not even cone marks. After my first autoX it took a good extra 30 mins of scrubbing to get the cones marks out from the two cones I hit. After Zaino treatment I went to the autoX, ran 9 runs and hit probably the same number of cones (rough day). There were no marks on the car! After each run I can check to see how many cones I hit by the marks on the bumper, rocker panels and side strakes. During my post Zaino runs, I kept checking but nothing. I started to doubt if I hit them at all!

I can't say enough good things about the stuff.

Quick Reply: swirl king