S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

swift front sway

Old 01-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default swift front sway

initial impressions are fantastic. all the stuff u would expect the bar to do. and it gives the feeling that that the harder you drive it, the more work it does for you. i would have to say this is a far better bang for the buck than something like a x brace.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you just do a front sway bar?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jan 13 2007, 06:46 PM
initial impressions are fantastic. all the stuff u would expect the bar to do. and it gives the feeling that that the harder you drive it, the more work it does for you. i would have to say this is a far better bang for the buck than something like a x brace.
get the rear to compliment it!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:47 PM

What are the benefits of having the bar? What effect does it have on the car that make you so happy? How is the freeway ride compared to stock? How did it effect oversteer dendency?

Come on, don't leave us hangin!~
Markk
Old 01-13-2007, 07:52 PM

I have the swift sway bar for both front and rear. I was using it with Buddy club coilover N+. The car initially had under steer going in but with the sway bar it felt more neutral and easier to handle. The ride was on the harder side probably due to the fact it a stiffer bar. It seem easier also to handle the oversteer but I'm not sure if it was due to the fact that I grown more in driving. Sorry if I kind of stole your thread.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:39 PM

i just got the front one from the advice of autoxers and drivers. the car already has oversteer stock, so getting the rear also would just keep that characteristic. getting the front only helps the car become more neutral and controllable. with this and some chasis stiffening, im no longer afraid of the "snap" oversteer happening. car feels so flat and controllable with a much higher grip limit. i almost want to break the tires so i can control the "drift." the steering response has increased, body lean is almost non existant unless ur doing major turns and weight transfer is near instantaneous. im sure that ill get used to this greatness pretty fast, though.

the stock ride of the s2k is pretty rough. the sway bar almost makes no difference imo. just drove a bunch fo fwy tonight and it was great. felt planted, solid, stable. harsh ride is not a reason to not get this mod.

quoting negcamber:

To some degree, but recall that increasing negcamber also reduces contact patch on the inside rear while cornering which leads to lots of wheels spin on corner exit...a problem that our car has with the suggested aggressive autox alignment specs. Plus, from the tests the fast autox guys have done, you can't get enough rear negcamber at the stock ride height to overcome the reduced stagger. Even for the track guys running lowered cars with very aggressive alignment (>=3deg), they will still either run a stiffer front bar or remove the rear bar entirely.

A front swaybar kills two birds with one stone...reduces inside wheel spin and increases understeer. Plus, add quicker steering response and flatter cornering, and you have an overall winner.

bottomline, I HIGHLY recommend this mod.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:03 AM

update

just came back from longer twisty road drive. the front sway has changed the feel of the car. it no longer feels like it has 4 wheels, but rather a hover craft that slides over the ground with pinpoint accuracy. the sliding feeling comes from the sensation of the car not leaning. any car you drive, corolla or ferrari, tilts when you turn hard. but it's like it moves side to side when u turn the wheel defying conventional physics. like a video game. it's hard to describe in words, but the grip is phenomenal. i can take turns many mph faster than i could before and i know that im not at the limit yet. i took a sharp sweeper to test the breaking point and found that there is still oversteer, but you can feel it coming in advance and once the back starts to slide, it is much more controllable than before. im sure there are better cars out there, but i can't believe how awesome this car is currently.

sorry for the length of post, but this is for anyone thinking about doing this mod.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:00 PM

How thick is the Swift?
Old 01-14-2007, 01:14 PM

unsure, prob around 33 mm
Old 01-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

where did you buy it from?

Quick Reply: swift front sway