S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: which color would u pick?
suzuka blue
44.03%
sebring silver w/ black interior
13.43%
sebring silver w/ red and black interior
42.54%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

suzuka blue vs sebring silver

Old 07-25-2005, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suzuka blue vs sebring silver

picking up my car this friday. and i am confused!!! pisisng me off help me out here!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:49 PM

I was kind of in the same boat as you. I am now just waiting to sell my car since the original buyer fell through so I can pick up an 04 suzuka.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 PM

My 05 is kind of a mix of your colors; Suzuka with a Sebring hardtop. Just goes to show that you don't have to make it one or the other. Good Luck
Old 07-25-2005, 07:30 PM

I like the Suzuka but would not want a car where the interior and exterior are the same colors. You know how I voted. The straight Black was too bland for my tastes but to each his own. What do you like?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I was in the same dilemma as you. My two favorite colors were the Sebring Silver and Suzuka Blue. The factor that made up my mind for me was the interior. I very much like the black interior, and didn't like the blue interior at all.

If you don't mind the blue interior, I think the Suzuka Blue with the optional blue soft top is a great color.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:38 PM

cant go wrong with the silver + red/black
Old 07-25-2005, 07:40 PM

exactly i am not sure about blue interior. right now i have tan interior and i always wanted black. after seeing black and red interior my mind is kinda set but i want some unique exterior color also. so damn i got a day a pick a color cuz dealer will get the car i want tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:41 PM

just curious, do the new S2K's come with red carpeting or black carpeting when you get the red/black scheme?
Old 07-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

madkimchi,

Don't let the "plainness" of the Sebring Silver fool you. I like to think of it as "the girl next door" in that you don't realize how beautiful it is until you own it, live with it and really take a good look at it.

It is iridescent in that it changes color depending on how the sun or light is hitting it. Sometimes it looks white, sometimes like stainless steel, sometimes like silver and sometimes like darker grey.

Like you, I wanted some color and would have bought the Suzuka if not for the blue interior. I bought the Sebring and am absolutely delighted with it. If anything happened to mine, I'd buy the Sebring again.

It is truly "the girl next door".
Old 07-25-2005, 09:22 PM

I too considered the Blue vs Silver. I've had a couple silver cars before and they sometimes don't hold up their glitter (tarnish?). But the Blue/blue was, well too bluish for me. I liked the contrast of the the red/black so that left me with only Silverstone or Sebring. I've owned dozens of cars, but never had a black one. I think the S2000 looks particularly good in black and I would've gone for that if it had the red/black interior. Since it didn't, I went for Sebring silver with the red/black and don't regret it. After all, I spend more time inside the car than looking at it from outside and the red just seems to add dimension to the interior.

Quick Reply: suzuka blue vs sebring silver