S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Suzuka blue or Sebring Silver??

Old 08-30-2001, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I will just go with the blue. So people will think it is a girl's car and wont mess with it.
Old 08-31-2001, 04:01 AM

I think Suzuka blue is sooooo "cute.".. j/k lol id get white
Old 08-31-2001, 06:10 AM

Regarding the Sebring Silver, I think its a great "true silver" color (my 94 Si daily driver is Sebring silver). . . When its clean its looks great, day or night. . . When its dirty, it still doesn't look too bad. . .

However, in terms of paint matching, it isn't the easiest color to match (if a body shop is only painting a portion of a bumber or body panel). . . However, if an entire peice of sheetmetal is redone, its tough to notice a difference. . .
Old 08-31-2001, 07:14 AM

I'm one of the few that likes the blue. Sure, I'd prefer the interior to be black... I think, but from what I've seen (which isn't much) I like it.

Then again, I love the obnoxious two-tone interiors of the M Coupe/Roadster. Anyone remember that Greenish color with the black/green interior? I almost bought one... obnoxious fits me though...
Old 08-31-2001, 07:15 AM

I'm one of the few that likes the blue. Sure, I'd prefer the interior to be black... I think, but from what I've seen (which isn't much) I like it.

Then again, I love the obnoxious two-tone interiors of the M Coupe/Roadster. Anyone remember that Greenish color with the black/green interior? I almost bought one... obnoxious fits me though...

Just remember, if they made this color in Japan and then tried to sell you MC blue then everyone would be bitching and moaning about that.
Old 08-31-2001, 07:40 AM

If you like the blue then go for it! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

After all noone has actually seen the new color in person.
Old 08-31-2001, 07:43 AM

it's YOUR $32k, buy what YOU want. Why are you so concerned about what other's thing about YOUR car?
Old 08-31-2001, 07:52 AM

I didn't think the blue looked too bad. To be honest, I think this car would look great in just about any color. I'm willing to bet a lot of people will change their mind when they see one on the road.

Liebernoodle, waiting for his '03 doo doo brown S2K
Old 08-31-2001, 08:28 AM

Hey Carlson -

Personally, I like the Suzuka blue, at least what I can tell from the pictures I've seen. I just wish the blue interior looked more like the red interior, with black mixed in. I believe I heard that the blue comes with a blue soft top as well. If I had the funds to get one now, I would be looking at the blue.

BTW - I'm a guy that's secure with his masculinity and doesn't worry about what other people think.
Old 08-31-2001, 09:21 AM

Normally, I do things regardless of what others think (besides my Engineering Manager) . But I just dont wanna spend $30 something thousand to buy a car and come to this forum and people keep on saying that the color is wimpy or gay looking or whatever..... Lamboghini had a silvery purple color before and no one said anything bad about it. I want people to be supportive since most of us here have the same car.

Anyway, I will definitely get the blue now.

Quick Reply: Suzuka blue or Sebring Silver??