S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Suspension and brakes

Old 05-30-2003, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension and brakes

hi i want to know what kind of suspension are out there for an s2000

the suspension is great already but i want it's full potential.

so can you guy help me in naming all the suspension parts like coilovers and shocks and strutbars and etc. and tell what they do.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Objection, your honor. That question is compound.

since I'm bored, you're in luck. I certainly have no authoritative voice when it comes to these things, but here goes:

Suspension: Given the brilliance of the Stock suspension, you wont get any gains from simple lowering springs/ shocks. Go to a coilover system, from a company like Tein, Buddy Club, Bilstein. These are specifically designed for the S2000, and will make your handling crisper and more controllable at the limit, if set up and installed properly.

Mounting lighter, larger diameter wheels will also give you a difference in handling dynamics, as a shorter sidewall will communicate better and respond to steering inputs quicker. these are also very expensive, in terms of bang for the buck, but they also work to set the car apart from the crowd.(is there a crowd? guess not, really...)

Strut bars reduce chassis flex, and give a stiffer feel to the ride and handling. stiffening the front bar will add understeer, stiffening the rear bar will make the rear come around more easily. they will quicken steering response and turn in.

If I'm wrong, somebody please tell me because I'm probably not the *best* informed person here on the suspension specifics.
DO A SEARCH

Quick2K