S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Suspension

Old 07-30-2004, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension

hi,

I bought the KG/MM DR21 race lowering springs. Anyone has this install on their S?
Want to know if there is any improvements in handling and if the car drives a littler more ruff or so.

And does anyone have the Tein Flex coilovers installed? How are those different from the stock shocks? I'm planning on gettting the EDFC thingy too.
Thx
Old 07-30-2004, 09:20 PM

the flex setup is nice and streetable, but not ideal for track, it is very soft. If you are looking to just lower your car and want a smooth ride get the eibachs, the espelir (there are hard and soft espelirs), or the kgmm street set up. for a cheap ok set up for track the kgmm race and a set of koni adjustables is an inexpensive way to go IMO. The stock set up is great for the track, just too high for a clean look imo too.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:30 PM

^What he said. Get the koni yellows to go along with your springs, they are a good match. The DR21's are way too stiff for the stock shocks. The rear ones are pretty underdamped with the stock springs anyway. The ride will be stiffer/rougher than stock, but you have a sports car...it's supposed to be stiff.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:19 PM

Thx for the reply.
Well stiffness it has to be, but to stiff on some shitty roads we have here, i'll be having back problems later
So the flex, even if I adjust them to be stiffer, they will still feel softer then stock? Or is it just the spring that are to soft? Cuase if they are I can use the kg/mm on the coilovers right? Cause what I want to have, well don't know for sure yet, is that little gadget of teins that you can adjust the dampers of it electronicly.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:21 AM

Im also wondering does the Kg/mm race springs or the super streets improve the handling alittle bit or does it make the handling worst?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:43 AM

damnit....ive been researching...i can get the koni/GC setup for $895 shipped or spend 1287 in the GB for the tein felx

the koni/GC setup is also a great setup for some track with the proper spring rates on the GC's.....hummmm decision decisions....

anybody know if you can use another type of upper mount for the koni/GC setup instead of the stock upper rubber mounts...like a pillowball mount...

i dont want to take the stock suspension apart just to use the upper mounts....plus the bumpstops need to be cut...which i dont wanna do
Old 08-13-2004, 05:32 AM

Interesting, I went from Kg/mm race w OEM shocks (loved the combo BTW) to Tein Flex and I would say it's far from soft.

Maybe not a "track" set-up but thus far I like it. I didn't go for the EDFC since it only takes a min to change the setting and I usually leave it once set. The adjustability of the coilover ease of installaton are worthwhile IMO.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:32 AM

i got the tein flex but haven't installed it yet.. won't be installed till next wednesday.....

many people have said the tein flex are soft, but from everyone thats actually got them installed say they aren't as soft as everyone claims...and obviously not ideal for the track.. but doable..
Old 08-13-2004, 12:17 PM

how could the flex be considered soft with a 10k/12k spring rate? is it because the shocks can't dampen enough?
Old 08-13-2004, 05:07 PM

On a side note, we have kg/mm race springs in stock.

--
Kevin

Quick Reply: Suspension