S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Superchargers? Which One?

Old 01-29-2003, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vortech makes the actual supercharger innards for Comptech-at least that's what I have been told. I went for the Vortech because it is nearly the same price as the Comptech and has the aftercooler. The aftercooler that is forthcoming from Comptech (in testing as we speak) is rumored to run an additional $1000-1500. I would definitely say Vortech didn't steal anything from Comptech since they have been building S/C's for a long, long time for other applications. Long before Comptech. The Comptech is a great unit and is an easier install, the Vortech gives you more HP for the same or less money. Check out thread in "under the hood forum" Vortech vs comptech, lots of great feedback. Phil
Old 01-29-2003, 08:17 AM

Vortech gets my vote....

Advantages vs Comptech:
Higher boost = more power
Aftercooler included = more power
Oil Cooler included
Blow off valve = for that pimp factor.

Disadvantages vs Comptech:
Warranty? Although I gotta believe that Vortech has some sort of warranty right?
Nothing more I can think of....

Yeah, Comptech will come out with an aftercooler.... whenever that will be. How long has it been since they announced that they are working on one? And you still have to dish out an additional $1000 or so for it. That puts the Comptech at $1000+/- higher than Vortech. I'm not sure how they will price their new kits once their aftercooler is finished, but I'll bet its gonna be more expensive than Vortechs SC kit. Vortech is a MUCH better buy... get more parts for the money. If I didn't have the Comptech SC, I'd go with Vortech.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:12 PM

It's all about the turbo
Old 01-29-2003, 12:41 PM

Warranty on Vortech is 3 years to the ORIGINAL Owner.

RED RICE- Your car is beautiful! I wish I would not have been cheap and sprung for the polished model! I am glad to hear you love it. Did you do the install yourself?
Old 01-30-2003, 05:52 AM

Yes I did it myself,,,What a job that was, it took me about 22 hours alone but it worked the first time around. I think the most tense moment was pushing the start button for the first time. Alot of things roll through your mind at this point like,"did I tighten that bolt all the way down", "is the computer hook-up correct", and then ruummm, the car ran I was soo happy
The first time VETC was like a new birth, you know like when you just bought the car and drove it home
OMG I love the power........
If you look closely you will see the next venture is the "juice". I want to line up a motor befor I hit the button
Old 01-30-2003, 06:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HeNeSSeY
[B]Vortech gets my vote....
Old 01-30-2003, 06:43 PM

RED RICE- Mine is to be shipped tomorrow, so in a couple of weeks I too, can feel the charge you spoke of. I like the way you used the analogy of like the first time you hit VTEC!!! I am so excited I can hardly sleep. Phil
Old 01-30-2003, 09:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by VTECPHIL#6829
..... I am so excited I can hardly sleep. Phil
YEAH!! I know!!! Ups is bringing mine tomorrw and the install starts tomorrow night I cant freakin wait!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:13 AM

Originally posted by VTECPHIL#6829
RED RICE- Mine is to be shipped tomorrow, so in a couple of weeks I too, can feel the charge you spoke of. I like the way you used the analogy of like the first time you hit VTEC!!! I am so excited I can hardly sleep. Phil

Hey Phil,
A word of caution on your rebirth of VTEC,,,,make sure you are not in a curv when it kicks in on 2nd gear @6k or you will be fishinnn......You Vortech owners should know what I mean
Good Luck with your install
Old 01-31-2003, 05:28 AM

I hit second gear last night at a 8.5-9K shift and it snapped sideways for a second and what came to mind? Your words of wisdom! I was thinking, with the S/C, I could have got into the other lane or worse!!!! I really can't wait and like spapdx, we are getting sicker as the time nears!!!!

Quick Reply: Superchargers? Which One?