S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

story of my s2k so far...really bad one...

Old 09-15-2005, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile story of my s2k so far...really bad one...

Probably some many notice i only post about problems with my car.
So i had my car little over a month.
And had series of damages made on it.
Here it goes...

1st week of ownership: parking garage in NYC dropped nasty oil on my bumper and made a lot of scratches on it. But i got over with it thinking of its just a car.

2nd week: some girl rear ended me and made damage on bumper and tailpipe.
(well...got over with it thinking of that would be my last accident with my s2k)

3rd week: paint chips have started and one of side mirror got a big ass paint chip.
(well...again... its only a paint chip nothing major...so i got over with it again)

4th week: hmmm luckily nothing happened. so i thought that was all the bad things that would happen to my car. (thanks god)

5th week: ok. now it happens at church. i always see little kids playing around cars, so i parked my car far a way. but still....i found this dent on my car with scratch as a combo on my door panel.
(well...as a christian i felt bad accusing little kids to fix my car....no more sympathy for my car from here on...)

6th week: today, i was going to school on Rt. 80 where i have used over 6yrs, and this fawking little rock flew into my windshield and cracked it.
I had numerous rocks hitting my windshield on Jetta over 4 yrs, and never had any cracks, but in S2k one shot got me. Maybe it was just a big one but i started to think if honda used cheap parts.

Anyways, at this rate my car would be a total junk in about a year. hopefully today's one is THE LAST one....

As far as damages go, what should i do with windshield crack? is it gonna crack out soon? any good product to hide the crack a bit and prevent from more crack?
And if i have to change the whole thing, how much is going to cost me??

And as dent and scratches...i think im just gonna bring my car to dent wizard to take the dent out, but how should i treat this scratch on dent? doesn't seem like its deep, it looks like i can buff it out to lessen the visibility of it, however how should i buff it?? i hope my digital camera works and can post some pic of it but...

Thats it for the crying. Thanks in advance for all the suggestions.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:12 AM

I would take it to dent wizard, they can do great work. As far as the scratch goes, can you feel it with your fingernail? If you can feel it with your fingernail, then it is too deep and wont come out. If you don't feel it with your fingernail, then you can buff it out with a scratch and swirl remover.
The windshield is bowed, it has a crazy angle on it, so it doesn't take much of a hit to crack it, especially if the rock hits it on one of the sides.
The bumper cover will probably need to be repainted to fix it properly, or you can find a guy such as Aerocolors that does mobile airbrush touch up paint (look in the phonebook) for rock chips and scratches, they can do some great work for way less than a bodyshop.
Hope your luck changes man, it is a great car.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:16 AM

hey i smashed my front lip and blew the axels and motor in 45 days. so stop crying about some chips hahaha ......... still i feel your pain its not a good time man.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:57 AM

My suggestion is to find the witch doctor who cursed you, and pay him to remove your badluck! Sheesh man. It's stoic how calm you are about all these small incidents. Sorry to hear about your luck. Things can only get better though, right?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:16 AM

you guys' replies brought my smile back!!!!!!!!!
i love you guys!
but then i'll be so sad again when i go to garage to pick my car up.

anyways, thanks!

Oh, and any one who can help me with windshield crack?
Suggest me some products!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:48 AM

How big is the crack, and where is it located? Has it spidered yet?

Depending on it's location and size, some car insurance companies will coordinate a replacement at no cost (and no rate increase).
Old 09-15-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by mrmophandle,Sep 15 2005, 01:48 PM

Depending on it's location and size, some car insurance companies will coordinate a replacement at no cost (and no rate increase).
really????
Crack is about 1/2~1/4" diameter. And its located little bit right to my right eye.
I just got it today so hasn't spidered yet.
but has high possiblity of spidering cuz its not clean chip off but more like webbing out crack.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:08 AM

Really sorry to hear all your bad luck. It hurts

I used to commute a long way to work (about 50mile one way), and little rocks cracked my windshield couple of times.

It really depends on how it cracked and its location. Sometimes it will spider out, sometimes it won't.

I know there are some glass glue you can use to avoid the spider out. I am sure if you talk to someone in auto shop, they will know.

last option, is to replace it...... which I did... twice.....
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by jlstyle82,Sep 15 2005, 11:06 AM
really????
Crack is about 1/2~1/4" diameter. And its located little bit right to my right eye.
I just got it today so hasn't spidered yet.
but has high possiblity of spidering cuz its not clean chip off but more like webbing out crack.
if it has a webbing out crack, it is mostly will spread out.

You can see it grows as you start driving. Pretty scary sight.
Should really look into quick, becasue once it starts the spreading, it usually won't stop till it reaches the edge of the windshield.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:20 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmophandle,Sep 15 2005, 02:48 PM

Hopefully you have full glass coverage with your insurance. After mine was hit with a stone it was replaced and covered 100%

Quick Reply: story of my s2k so far...really bad one...