S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Stolen seats, UPDATE...

Old 07-25-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rwheelz,Jul 25 2008, 01:02 PM
This is just unreal- did you see the other thread about the crazy texan that shot two guys in order to protect his neighbors property? You need a friend like him

It sounds like the best thing to do is cut your losses at this point, and stop wasting energy being frustrated by these thieves . If the police won't even help you, what can you do? I once had my mr2 broken into and stripped pretty badly when I lived in Houston, they drilled the ignition and consequently there was machine oil all over my interior, with entire handprints let alone fingerprints everywhere inside. When I asked the police if they could at least take the prints, they laughed at me and quite obnoxiously I must say. 2 weeks later, my wife's mr2 was stolen from that same spot (on xmas eve, no less). When the police found hers a full year later burned, they gave us a really hard time about commiting fraud! Her car had 160k miles, was purchased for $1800, and had minimum coverage. I eventually told the detective that was harassing us to kiss my ass, hung up, and he never called back.

Sadly, police busting car thieves doesn't generate any revenue, or help them meet any kind of quota... they couldn't care less. They are rarely there when you need them.
Pretty much agree with everything you said.
Property theft and damage is hardly even considered even if they know the thief(s).
I know this because of a house break-in several years ago by three teen brothers that lived next door to me. All three had records for other thefts and I assume they must have been caught in the act to acquire those records. The police did their duty and talked to them and that was the end of that.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, someone from work was friends with an office in my neighborhood that was specifically working on thefts around here...needless to say, if I didn't have that hook-up, I'm sure I wouldn't have gotton as far as I did...Another coworker got her Accord stolen a week after in a different neighborhood and the officer making the report didn't even ask to put down what kind of Honda she had stolen - even after she offered the info, the officer said it didn't matter!

Something is just plain wrong here...maybe I will post this scumbags info in UMV...
Old 07-25-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I feel for you, what terribly shitty luck. I am sure this is probably not the smart thing, and maybe not even legal, but you have to think there is some thug out there who would get your seats back for a small reward!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by plutonium239,Jul 25 2008, 02:25 AM
No, actually Geico DOES suck. They got some press in the 90's for funding the purchase of police radar equipment for Police depts. Hmm..an insurance company that helps purchase the very tools that lead to more tickets, that leads to higher insurance rates.
90's it's 08 now, The times have changed. Did you research Why Geico did that? Let me know when you do.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by senor_flojo,Jul 25 2008, 03:59 PM
I deal with insurance companies ALL DAY LONG.

its my job.

I repeat: geico sucks
My man thats your point of view. (which you are entitled to.) I'm not here to argue about who is the best. Get both sides of the story before you make comments like that. Consider your source.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:29 AM

geico sucks fat donkey dick... in my experiences... and aparently a bunch of others as well... but i am sure they treat everyone else fairly right?
Old 07-26-2008, 07:44 AM

OP, I think that those seats were not sold. I think he re-posted them on craigslist. Not sure if these are it, but they are black and the location is the north side of chicago. Just looking out...
Link: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/pts/768748744.html
Old 07-26-2008, 09:14 AM

Location: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

Originally Posted by T-BONE-SR,Jul 25 2008, 06:11 PM
My man thats your point of view. (which you are entitled to.) I'm not here to argue about who is the best. Get both sides of the story before you make comments like that. Consider your source.
I think this $7000 total-loss settlement is clear enough how great geico's service is.

consider this: I have an ex who's insured with geico. back in '05, she was hit by someone who fled the scene. she drives an '02 pontiac grand am. keep in mind, this is a 3 year old car... geico only payed for aftermarket parts to repair it. and even worse, the adjuster recommended a shop that wasn't covered under geico's repair warrenty (and just so happened to be a shop owned by his brother-in-law). needless to say, the repaires looked like shit, and geico feigned any and all responsibility.

and on top of that, I see the day to day shit they do... and you think I just say this stuff? what other side of the story is there? that they have low premiums, or let drivers with shitty driving records get behind the wheel legally?

you mentioned top 5 insurance companies.... I'm thinking (in no order) usaa, state farm, allstate, progressive, and nationwide... geico is somewhere around 8 or 9.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AAA is not a good company? their service sucks for me
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by senor_flojo,Jul 26 2008, 12:14 PM
I think this $7000 total-loss settlement is clear enough how great geico's service is.

consider this: I have an ex who's insured with geico. back in '05, she was hit by someone who fled the scene. she drives an '02 pontiac grand am. keep in mind, this is a 3 year old car... geico only payed for aftermarket parts to repair it. and even worse, the adjuster recommended a shop that wasn't covered under geico's repair warrenty (and just so happened to be a shop owned by his brother-in-law). needless to say, the repaires looked like shit, and geico feigned any and all responsibility.

and on top of that, I see the day to day shit they do... and you think I just say this stuff? what other side of the story is there? that they have low premiums, or let drivers with shitty driving records get behind the wheel legally?

you mentioned top 5 insurance companies.... I'm thinking (in no order) usaa, state farm, allstate, progressive, and nationwide... geico is somewhere around 8 or 9.
Btw, Warren Buffet owns Geico. Nuff said. Also why would Geico recommend a dealer that wouldn't fix it up right the first time? So they could waste money?

http://www.jdpower.com/insurance/ratings/a...rovider-ratings

Geico top 5 like i said. Actually number 3 if you count USAA # 2 If you don't.

Quick Reply: Stolen seats, UPDATE...