S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Stolen seats, UPDATE...

Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dezignpro04,Jul 15 2008, 01:44 PM
So we can fund the theft of seats out of Evo's.
A ton of Evo guys get aftermarket setups in their cars. I used to have a couple sets for a while of stock Evo seats. I had a set in my Mazdaspeed Protege and also a set in my EG hatch. That was in addition to the set in my Evo
Old 07-15-2008, 04:11 PM

I genuinely appreciate everyones responses and support.

I'm still in the waiting mode as the salvaged seats that my insurance co found have not arrived yet...

As for the offers and suggestions - thank you, i'm looking at ALL options
Old 07-24-2008, 04:13 PM

UPDATE

Until now didn't want to comment because it may have jeopordized the outcome but pretty much all hope is lost to get my stolen seats so here it goes...

Just for the hell of it I thought I would check on craigslist if anybody was selling S2000 seats - 3 days after mine were stolen. There was a post, the morning after mine were stolen, by a guy trying to sell some for real cheap - $550 for both, that's about $6000 cheaper than my insurance guy quoted me for salvaged seats btw...

I called the craigslist guy selling the seats and the more I spoke with him the more suspicious I became. Someone from work referred me to a police officer and we were trying to set up a sting.(!)

The guy started to act a little jittery and cancelled our meeting. Later, my insurance guy called and said he found some seats, lo and behold it was from the same crook I found on craigslist...police wanted to set up a sting at the body shop, but the body shop wanted no part in it (thanks for nothing Carrs Honda!) so my insurance guy backed out of the 'purchase' with the crook ...long story short, the police found out by somebody else that this guy already sold the seats.

By the way, the crazy thing is we have this guys name and address so the cops ran his record and he has one - he was arrested for breaking into a car...but was not convicted for some reason.

Now there is no proof that these were my seats but come on now, what would you guys do? Btw, if I saw them I know I could identify them (scratches that I remember making)...

With S2KI permission I would love to post this guys name and address...

I also would like to thank everyone for the PM's and other responses...and get some seats locks! I thought this would never happen to me but it did!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:14 PM

^^
Old 07-24-2008, 07:26 PM

omg ill go down to chicago just to get your dang seats back! this criminal needs what he deserves!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:35 PM

thats the problem with the law....innocent until proven guilty my ass.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really sucks when it you could literally staring into the eye of the offender, and there really isn't much you can *legally* do.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by senor_flojo,Jul 14 2008, 04:27 PM
truth.org

geico sucks.
Geico does not suck. Geico is rated in the top 5 when it comes to claims. If you read up you wouldn't make such comments like this.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by T-BONE-SR,Jul 24 2008, 08:17 PM
Geico does not suck. Geico is rated in the top 5 when it comes to claims. If you read up you wouldn't make such comments like this.
No, actually Geico DOES suck. They got some press in the 90's for funding the purchase of police radar equipment for Police depts. Hmm..an insurance company that helps purchase the very tools that lead to more tickets, that leads to higher insurance rates.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:28 PM

post that suckers name and ill try to find him i live in chicago also and i have a lot of friends that will help me also..... or pm me his name

Quick Reply: Stolen seats, UPDATE...