S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Stolen seats, UPDATE...

Old 07-13-2008, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback folks, yea my car has 67000 miles and it's a MY00, it's not in the best physical condition - a scrap here, some dents there - but the mechanicals alone would seem to cost more than 7 grand !!!

####ing GEICO...I should have never kept them as my insurance.

I am very sad...will find out what happens in the next few days and will let you know, thanks for the seat lock info too...

If there ever was a broke S2000 owner than i was it, then this happened...argh!!!!

Sorry for the venting...
Old 07-13-2008, 05:29 AM

Oh, I forgot...I live in the Lakeview neighborhood here in Chicago. I have other things taken from my car here, like a side indicator light, a 'S2000' emblem from the side - I am starting to feel like their personal free parts department for these jerks!

I had a garage, but could not afford to keep it...

sniffle sniffle
Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by tmkarab,Jul 13 2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback folks, yea my car has 67000 miles and it's a MY00, it's not in the best physical condition - a scrap here, some dents there - but the mechanicals alone would seem to cost more than 7 grand !!!

####ing GEICO...I should have never kept them as my insurance.

I am very sad...will find out what happens in the next few days and will let you know, thanks for the seat lock info too...

If there ever was a broke S2000 owner than i was it, then this happened...argh!!!!

Sorry for the venting...
Insurance companies generally do not care too much about the condition of the car. 7K is grossly low ...

Unfortunately, GEICO is known to be a pain when it comes to claims. That's why their insurance policies are generally one of the lowest, and that it's the most successful auto policy makers out there.

Anyway, try going through a lawyer, or simply get used seats from this board, or even aftermarket seats. You would be able to put the seats back in and sell the car for more than 10K.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:06 AM

Thanks Ks320 - I'll wait to see what they find...if they give me a hard time I'll look for some seats here at s2ki.com

Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 AM

so all they took is the seats, and a ripped soft top?

if so, just get a 1 used bucket seat, ( even a fake , replica one for now)

and stitch up that ripped soft top, (might look like shit but will save you 1200 bucks for now)

7g's, damn man, i sold my honda accord 2001 for 5600 w/ 145,000 miles

hope that helps
Old 07-13-2008, 10:38 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't know you were still around. I don't think I've seen you here in years. Too bad your name has to pop up because of something like this.

Heck, I would think someone would give you 7K that wanted to make it a racecar. That seems way to low.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:09 AM

Yea, I usually just show up when I have a question when something goes wrong, haha...bad starter, dumb driver window regulator...and now this.

Mostly on vtec.net now, name is Turkman....

They actually spared the soft top and bashed in the passenger side window (they could at least have broken the driver side window and maybe I could finagle a new regulator!), opened the hood and disconnected the battery to stop the alarm (I guess took some of the alarm with them because some of it was under the driver seat - oh brother, I bet I need to get a new one of those too, not that the old one helped too much in this case)...

In all honesty, I was in shock, so I can't remember what else if anything was stolen or damaged...the insurance guy said the weather stripping on the passenger side needed replacing too...
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope they burn in hell.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:23 PM

The loan value on that would be around 12 or 13k on the blackbook. I just went though the bank and picked up a MY00. I would show my ass with the insurance company. If your deductable is 1000 you may be able to come out cheaper by finding a set of seats yoruself and getting patching the top till later.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

should of got gap insurance. once they total your car. you car insur. pays the car, and the gap cover the rest

Quick Reply: Stolen seats, UPDATE...