S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Stolen Seats

Old 09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

This is getting crazy. Ricer punks wanting a piece of the S2000 and don't want to earn it. Theives can eat the ass of a dead horse and rot in hell.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think we should have a seat theft database.. a whole dedicated forum here on S2KI, this is just WAY too common.
I engraved my VIN on my seat bottoms, so at least they have to grind them off before selling them on ebay.. where there are ALWAYS S2000 seats listed for cheap.. usually alongside a bunch of crappy aftermarket civic parts, stolen HID's and wheels. Rat-punk-bastards

I just started a thread on this over in "Site Info" stop by and post your thoughts/ideas if you're interested in starting a seat theft forum.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMike,Sep 29 2005, 12:42 PM
I think we should have a seat theft database.. a whole dedicated forum here on S2KI, this is just WAY too common.
I engraved my VIN on my seat bottoms, so at least they have to grind them off before selling them on ebay.. where there are ALWAYS S2000 seats listed for cheap.. usually alongside a bunch of crappy aftermarket civic parts, stolen HID's and wheels. Rat-punk-bastards
True. There are quite a bit of junked/crashed S2000's, but I have yet to see a description stating:

One PAIR of used S2000 seats from a wrecked & totaled S2000. Great condition, needs some work getting the brown stains out of the leather.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my great condition 01 all black seats from my car for sale. $575 plus shipping. Let me know, And sorry for your losses.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:43 PM

1. I'm already out the $500 deductible just by the a-hole slashing the
top.
That's what my deductible is.... Not too bad, but not great either....

I called my local stealership and they quoted me $3200 per seat, plus $1200 for
a glass window soft-top, plus install costs... You so the math... all said and
done, my insurance co is going to have to fork out probably close to 10K for
this b.s.

3. If I had seat-locks (which I do) at least the thief would be out seats
too.
The thing that I am worried about is them coming back for second's when I get it
all replaced?? What's to stop them. Psychologically, the way that I
look at it; if I get seat locks, it won't prevent them from slashing the top
again, but hopefully it would detour them for from forever coming back to get
the seats again and again...

Regardless, as others have said, if they get mad they cannot get the seats, they
will probably do more damage elsewhere on the car.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:53 PM

and BTW, I now figured out why my _hitty factory alarm didn't go off...

To test it, just now, I rolled down the window, closed the door and armed the alarm. I then reached into the car (like the F...ing theives did through the cut top) and opened the door. The alarm didn't go off... ? Well, I know enough about car electrical to know that on a factory alarm the alarm receives a signal from the pin switch to let it know that the door has been opened. Well, my pin switch is working because when I open the car door, the map lights come on. What the hell? It sounds to me like the F...ing alarm has a malfunction somewhere...
Old 09-29-2005, 01:57 PM

<--- 100 dollar deductable. i figured bad stuff will happen to this car so im prepared for it.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:57 PM

It would be interesting to find out if it were ever possible how much of a part forum posts like this mentioning the value of the S2000 seats has motivated thieves to go on a stealing spree. I haven't owned my S2000 very long to know how far back S2000 seats started getting stolen but it seems to me that lately someone let the cat out of the bag one too many times.

I can see it now, a crew of ricers at the local street race scene start talking about jacking other peoples shit and one of them say's "Yo Dog, the real money can be had simply by stealing the seats out of an S2000. I was reading this one forum and saw that they were going for like 7G's on the black market, Werd!!!" The next thing you know all the ricers and other undesirables start spreading the word and before you know it; bang everyone and their brother is on a witch hunt.

As convenient as it may seem to have a dedicated forum for these types of posts I think it would only further advertise and popularize this appalling issue.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I hope things will work out in the end for you.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:02 PM

Just curious, what does the insurance company pay out for a pair of S2000 seats? If it's $3200 per seat like dmfitz82 said, can't you come up with a pair of aftermarket seats of equal or better quality for enough of a savings to cover your deductable.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:08 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dmfitz82,Sep 29 2005, 01:43 PM
Regardless, as others have said, if they get mad they cannot get the seats, they
will probably do more damage elsewhere on the car.
That is always a possibility, but there have been posts on S2KI from owners who have had their cars broken into WITH the Seat Locks- and NOT ONE of the cars was vandalized (beyond the sliced top).

...just wanted to post the facts as I know them. Sorry to hear about your car.

-Pete

Quick Reply: Stolen Seats