S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Stolen Antenna(s)

Old 03-25-2004, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Antenna(s)

All right, I'm about sick and tired of having my antenna(s) stolen right off my car. I just bought a new antenna from one of the local Honda dealerships in Orlando on Friday, and sure enough I came out to my car yesterday afternoon and my mother f#@*ing antenna was gone. I live in an apartment complex, and work at a mall, so I'm not sure where it got stolen, although my feeling is that it was while my car was parked here at the mall when I was working. None the less, I'm thoroughly ticked off about it. I'm willing to spend another $22 on an antenna, but I don't want it to get ripped off again. So is there any way to secure the antenna so that it can't be simply unscrewed by hand? I was thinking about filling the little hole that it screws into with liquid cement, or super glue. Should that serve it's purpose, or is there another better way of doing it?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 03-25-2004, 01:44 PM

Thread lock??
Old 03-25-2004, 01:45 PM

well, i dont know about you but i never listen to the radio anyways since i have hundreds of CDs i rather listen in my car instead. so if u know ur goin to work, u could always just leave the antenna at home or something. ur one brave guy, i would be scared shitless leavin my car at the mall. sorry about ur antenna loss, hope everything works out nonetheless!
Old 03-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Banned

loctite blue should do the job, red is stronger.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by sickestS2k00
well, i dont know about you but i never listen to the radio anyways since i have hundreds of CDs i rather listen in my car instead. so if u know ur goin to work, u could always just leave the antenna at home or something. ur one brave guy, i would be scared shitless leavin my car at the mall. sorry about ur antenna loss, hope everything works out nonetheless!
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but I don't have much of a choice, it's where I work. I could always get transferred, but that's another issue entirely. To be honest, I like the fact that there is a parking garage here that I can park in though. The Florida sun can really do some work on a paintjob, especially a red one. Most of the time when I'm in my car driving to or from work I listen to talk radio though. I listen to music and/or CD's when I'm cruising around town, but a lot of the time I'm in my car is spend driving to and from work. It's not really a matter of reception though, although it is a little bit better with the antenna than without in certain areas, but since that little knob is there with a hole in it, I figure it looks a little silly without the antenna in it. I'm guess I'm just kinda wierd like that.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:06 PM

Get a car cover & a lock for it.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by s2k02black
loctite blue should do the job, red is stronger.
What is it, and where I can I find it?
Old 03-25-2004, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Skip Ferrari
Get a car cover & a lock for it.
I plan on it, although I'm not going to put a cover on my car while it's parked in the parking garage at work. That would just be asking for some shit prick to screw with my car. Although that does bring up a good point... Can the OEM car cover be put on the car without the antenna being unscrewed and taken out? I guess that's something I need to consider before buying a car cover, and/or permanently securing an antenna in place. Hmmm...
Old 03-25-2004, 04:15 PM

I epoxyed my billet antenna in, it's never coming off.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:17 PM

you should just unscrew it and toss it in the trunk while you are at work, or at home, since you dont know where it is being stolen...

Quick Reply: Stolen Antenna(s)