S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

stealership problems need advice

Old 10-26-2004, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stealership problems need advice

ok so me and my bro see that the front grill in the bumper is not fully connected to the bumper and it kinda just hangs there, the 3-4 things that held the bottom end of the grill to the bumper is disconnected, why?? dont know, one time of the freeway a peice of cartboard flew into the grill bout a 1' by 1' peice, i didnt hear it smashing so it must not have been a very strong object. so i dont even know if that was the cause but the damn stealership says thats not covered on the bumper to bumper warranty. WTF
Old 10-26-2004, 11:29 AM

Messed up! They should fix it! When they sell you a car, you are supposed to have time to check it out and make sure everything is to your liking. If they didn't allow you to have that, then bring it to the manager's attention.

A friend of mine purchased an EVO. He didn't have time for a thorough look over. He got home and noticed the intercooler was dinged up. He took it back and wanted them to replace it. They refused. He spoke to the manager, the service people and called Mitsubishi. One girl knew that the dealership didn't give him a thorough look over, and she helped him talk to the manager about it. After a week, they finally did replace it for him.

Give them hell until it's fixed! Or go above and beyond and report it to someone that will take care of your issue.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:11 PM
WPS

www.dealerrater.com
Old 10-26-2004, 02:53 PM

They should be able to show you where the impact was that caused the problem. If not, I would try for a "benefit of the doubt" repair. BTW, your car is an '04, how many miles? If you are suggesting that it's something that existed when you took delivery, you should have made a case for it before you took it home. You do agree that if the problem is caused by road debris, it is not a warranty issue, right?
Old 10-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Natedog, how the hell did you read into his opening statement that he wasn't allowed time to check over the car?
Colin, good answer!
Kurwa, if this damage was caused by some type of impact "damn that's a shame but why would you expect the dealer to repair it? He sure as hell wasn't driving your car...." Stealership? What a great attitude you must project toward the dealer. I am surprised he doesn't fall all over himself trying to help you. And by the way read your warranty manual. You won't find the term "bumper to bumper" anywhere in it. Beleive it or not your best approach would have been exactly as Colin put it. Explain truthfully to the dealer what you know and ask if there was anything he could do about it. If in fact you did hit some debris and the bumper cover was ripped away from the clips holding the two parts together, then you may need a bumper cover. Why would he want to spend 5-600 bucks (his cost) on a new cover for your bad luck and your obvious attitude towards him?
My .02.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:35 PM

first of all the problem looks like it can be fixed for very little money, second i heard no noise of impact when the debri struck like it kinda just touched and rolled off to the side, i mean it was a small peice of cardboard, and yes my radio was very low, mostly i like to drive with the radio off. It also doesnt look like it got ripped off only like there was some clips or things left out. theres no damage to the gril or the bumper at all the grill just isnt flush with the bumper line on the bottom like its not connected right.... I guess ill just take it and show them what the problem is.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:02 PM

Pics?
Old 10-27-2004, 03:35 AM

FYI,

The grill is held in place on the bumper by speed nuts pushed on to posts (about 10) which are molded into the grill. (speed nuts are small rectangular pieces of sheet metal which have a hole punched in them so when they are pushed on a tight fitting post they grab it-no torque is applied)

If the posts are broken there is nothing to secure the speed nuts too.

Will require a "rube goldberg" fix by possibly using sheet metal screws or drilling a hole for a small nut and bolt.

Depending on which posts are gone, removal of the front bumper may be necessary-not an easy fix.

You would be lucky if the speed nuts were somehow missing, but since you remove them by essentially crushing them, I doubt it is a case of missing your nuts

Regards,
BD
Old 10-27-2004, 05:08 AM

Ooops! I misread the post! I thought this happened after he picked up the car from the dealer. Sounds like it's your fault since you hit something on the road, and the warranty isn't going to fix that!