S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Start Button = Lame

Old 04-22-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by st_rage,Apr 22 2007, 05:46 PM
I'm actually contemplating moving the bottons around. I want the mode button to be a volume knob, the paddle to be a channel +/-, and the mute becomes the mode button
i hope that was how it was originally designed, but somewhere along the line someone facked up. the way it is now is retardo
Old 04-22-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

The start button is a pointless gimmick.
Maybe if you just drive your car to the grocery store, but it comes in real handy if you stall on the track (or anywhere really) and need to get going again quickly. Push button, and go.

Why do I want or need a separate button?
So you can quickly get the car into the right gear with your right hand as you start the car with your left, without having to fumble with turning a key.

Asfor the radio, its your opinion, but you should look into a Modifry dash control interface - it gives you a lot more functions with various aftermarket stereos and makes the dash controls much more useful.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) The start button isn't a gimmick. Imagine if you were to stall on a track and the car shuts off. You would have to put the car in first, then take your hand and turn the key. This is two hand motions, meanwhile there are cars whizzing by you, not to mention you're trying to get around the track as fast as possible. The start button allows you to put the car back into first and restart the car in one swift motion. It was designed that way for a reason.

2) It's a mirror image, and it's aesthetically pleasing that way. My hands are able to use all controls quite easily while keeping my hand on the wheel.

A) Yes, the mode button is pretty lame. The radio sucks so I never use the thing.
B) Again, the radio sucks. Stop listening to it
C) If the volume were a knob, you wouldn't be able to adjust the volume and still keep your left hand on the wheel.

3) I dunno, I think the interior is perfect, minus the needing of the Mode knob in the first place and the antennae outside (again, radio sucks and there isn't any good music that plays on it )

Old 04-22-2007, 06:55 PM

^I agree. The stereo blows and if you had the top down you can't hear it anyways.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:00 PM

you went to the wrong dealership. stop complaining and go another car then.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:02 PM

I agree, this car lacks a ton as far as electronic features run. But who cares? I don't remember the radio code, and it's been off for the last 2 weeks.

Just enjoy the sound of the engine and the gauge cluster.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by st_rage,Apr 22 2007, 09:34 PM
Bought a low mileage '06 at the beginning of the month. I've had the car a couple of weeks now, and everything I don't like about the car is focused on the dash area to the left of the steering wheel. I shall enumerate them:
  1. The start button is a pointless gimmick. I still have to put the key in the ignition and turn it. Why do I want or need a separate button? It's a waste of plastic that could only be cool if I didn't need the key (and then it would be very cool). I think it cheapen's the car.
  2. The left dash insert is a mirror image of the right insert despite the fact that it's an ergonomic nightmare.
    1. The mode button is prominately set off and looks like a knob despite the fact that it doesn't turn and is the least frequently used control.
    2. The channel button only increments up. If I want to go back to the previous station/song, then I have to go around the horn.
    3. Volume should be a knob.
  3. 7 model years of the above and IT STILL ISN'T FIXED. Honda, you've got time to add DBW and VSA, but you cant mold a new $2 plastic part for the dash? What the hell?
Thank you for taking time to listen to my rant. Everything else is perfect...except I want more hp.
I guess the only thing I can say is congratulations on the purchase of a near perfect car
Old 04-22-2007, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by GOS2K007,Apr 22 2007, 06:55 PM
^I agree. The stereo blows and if you had the top down you can't hear it anyways.
lol are u serious. ur speakers must not be working then
Old 04-22-2007, 07:25 PM

I have an aftermarket Kenwood CD player in my car because I needed an A/V input for my mp3 player. I have the Modifry DCI for a Kenwood. The stock stereo DOES suck, but I was mainly referring to how crappy radio music is. Typical rock stations, rap stations, all suck HARD. AM talk radio is the only redeeming quality to the radio.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:31 PM

i think they could have put the volume controls on the steering wheel. but to be honest, ur bitching like a bitch. the shifter alone is worth the asking price.

Quick Reply: Start Button = Lame