S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Spun my car, got in an accident... (long)

Old 12-21-2003, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about your accident soda... too many s2k drivers loosing control of their cars. i wonder if other groups of owners have the same problem?

as for injuries in apparently subtle accidents, who was the nascar driver who died when he just slammed the side of his car into the wall?

it wasn't a head on collision into the wall, no one thought it would be that serious, and he died.

that being said, i hope everyone drives safer when they are on a public road in traffic. i would hate to have another s2k owner come barreling out of a turn and loose control and slam into me or one of my family members. there are plenty of stupid drivers out there, and there is no need for us to add to the problem.

if you must race, do so at an auto-x or a track...
Old 12-21-2003, 05:37 PM

Melissa and Ishy......I think we are gonna have to kidnap you guys and take you to the next auto-x for practice. We'll use Brian's car for a tester
Old 12-21-2003, 05:40 PM

I know, but i wasn't driving bad, i was just driving.... i still am so shocked on how it had come, though the day before the tire shop put a different tire on the drivers side rear, so i dunno if that has anything to do with it?
Old 12-21-2003, 05:44 PM

You never know...it could be. I dont think so since it didnt blow out. Kind alike having the spare tire on the rear....but you do want your tires to be pretty close in the rear.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:24 PM

I was on Hi-way 120 through Manteca last night and it was raining so hard my wipers could not clear the windshield fast enough. I was doing the speed limit at the time and kept the pace in forth gear. No quick moves no down shifting or quick deceleration.
At no time did I feel uneasy about my traction. I just know it is time to be ready for anything
Old 12-21-2003, 06:28 PM

Yeah, it was raining pretty hard out here last night. We stayed in just because of that reason. Didnt want to take any car out there in that weather!!!
Old 12-21-2003, 06:34 PM

I had been in fresno all day so I no choice!
Old 12-21-2003, 06:38 PM

yeah, that does suck.....all you can do is drive extra careful. It's a good thing many cars werent out last night.

BTW, you going to the party too?
Old 12-21-2003, 06:48 PM

AmigaOS,

I have to butt in here and say, if the wipers can't keep up....go ahead and slow down until they can!

If you lost control and hit ANYTHING, I can guarantee that an officer would slap you with one of those vauge "improper driving under road conditions" tix.

My friend lost control and hit a wall going over a bridge @ 45mph in a 55 zone and still got hit with an "at fault" accident due to the road conditions. Be more careful!!!!!
Old 12-21-2003, 06:56 PM

go ahead and slow down until they can!
I can't disagree but sometimes you don't do what you need to in fear of over reacting.... Do to it all happing so fast. I had driven from fresno with only a sprinkle here and there and then bammmmmm.....

Quick Reply: Spun my car, got in an accident... (long)