S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Spring Spacers Damage to S2K

Old 08-10-2001, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Spacers Damage to S2K

What kind of damage can the spring spacers do to the suspension? Has anyone experienced severe damage that needed service from Honda?

I ask because though I checked the passenger sides for spacers during delivery I got distracted and never got a chance to check the driver side. Sure enough I checked today (300 miles later) and saw spring spacers on the front.

Should I be worried about damage? What self check can I do that would assure nothing horrible happened? Help....

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had some spacers in for about 2000 miles. AHM swore there would be no problem and I cannot see one. But my springs do not seem to settle the same and I cannot get my car exactly level, so I suspect that was the result. Nothing I can prove or get a dealer to be serious about.
Old 08-10-2001, 05:23 PM

Well I got the spring spacers. I can't believe how hard these things are. No wonder it felt funny... I haven't lowered the car but the ride seemed like it was.

Caution for everyone: go out and check that the spacers are indeed out. Although I was assured over and over again by the dealer that they took 'em out, beware...

Old 08-10-2001, 06:38 PM

Can someone tell us how spring spacers look like??? Is it easy to identify if present??
Old 08-10-2001, 06:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MDS2K
[B]Can someone tell us how spring spacers look
Old 08-10-2001, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in 1999 September when I took the delivery of my car, I was called from the service manager a day later to bring in my car to have the spacers removed which they forgot to remove.
I had put 60 miles with that thing on and now with 49000 miles, luckily there seems to be no damage.

But I swear I was going to deck the morons who prepped my car but forgave them since this was the first vehicle they received.
I didn't get things in writing but I just took the stern words from Service manager that no damage is done.

This can be understandable back then but still no way forgivable but if this sort of mistake is still present at this day, anyone who's in charge of doing prepping shouldn't be working on any cars.
Bring you car in caution to the dealer who's making this type of inexcusable mistake.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:49 PM

I better check it out tomorrow!! My dealer told me that they removed it but I better check it for myself. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2001, 06:57 AM

JaeHong,

I do suggest to take a quick look. Also, Its not that hard to take off the spacers. This is what bothers me the most cause now I'm thinking did the dealer really prep the car.

Anyway, the only reason I checked was I saw this dangling note underneath the passenger seat --

Notice
Maximum speed 12MPH
Hard rubber spacers are fitted to the suspension to increase ground clearance. The spacers reduce handling performance and exceeding the 12 MPH limit CAN DAMAGE THE CAR.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:05 PM

When looking for the spacers, what am I looking for? Do they have anything like a tag or something that is obvious? The car is so low to the ground, it's hard to get a good look.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill L
[B]When looking for the spacers, what am I looking for?

Quick Reply: Spring Spacers Damage to S2K