S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Spoon wheels on S2000? Pictures?

Old 03-26-2001, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for pictures of the Spoon wheels on a S2000. Preferrably on a red S2000, but any color will do. I want to buy these wheels, but at the prices being charged, I want to make sure they will look good before shelling out all those dollars.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wheels should be here very soon and I'll be posting tons of pics...and my car is red, too. I think the combination is going to be wicked. I can't wait!

You are getting them from MG Racing, yes?

Old 03-26-2001, 08:12 PM

Yeah, I might get them from MG Racing. It depends on price and weather or not I can get an answer. I emailed them about some J's Racing wheels a few months back (the PR-6 wheels). I got a response back, and I told them what tires would be okay with me, but I never got a real quote.

Same thing happened when I tried to finalize buying a GT-WING by J's Racing from MG Racing. I'll wait for another groupbuy on Spoon wheels so enough money is being made for MG Racing that I can get some customer service out of their operation. I know, I know - yes, they are a sponsor of the S2000 board, and yes I am grateful for that. But, I'm a big stickler for customer service, which I have yet to be given.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:26 PM
Banned

Hype, you would probably expect me to say this and I don't have an explanation for what happened. But I do know that Giampiero does his level best to make sure his customers are satisfied. I don't think it was anything more than an oversight. He is literally inundated by email and well, forgive me, Giampiero, but his English isn't that good...sometimes I think it would be easier just to speak what little Italian is left from college with him!

Seriously, I'm sure that whatever happened will not happen again...I'll ask him to make sure that you are taken care of. Sorry for the miscommunication...
Old 03-26-2001, 08:32 PM

Oh, believe me .. I'm not hating on Gamperio. Keep in mind that he offers the widest selection of S2000 goodies of any company I know of - period. I have just assumed that he is so busy with all these emails wanting to know this and wanting to know that - you know, he has to pick and choose. I'm not spending alot of money when I just want a J's Racing GT-WING or a set of wheels. It's not really as important as other customers buying a whole bunch of stuff. Plus, he's got to deal with all his Ferrari and BMW customers too! Yes, I know he's busy .. it's just, I can't buy it if I don't know:

1.) What the product does
2.) What it comes with
3.) How much it will cost total
4.) Who the hell do I send the money to

I've found another source for my J's Racing GT-WING and another source for my Spoon suspension modifications only because I never got replies. I waited for two weeks before looking for other sources.

Greg, could you post Gamperio's email address? Maybe I've been sending to the wrong one all this time? Perhaps - I've done dumb things like that before.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:36 PM
Banned

Giampiero's email address is mgracing@sintmaarten.net ...

I know you were down on him...he is busy and frankly, he's been extremely responsive and supportive of my S2000 habit. I'm sure he will see this thread, but I will email him to make sure your questions are answered...

Old 03-26-2001, 08:41 PM

Yeah, that's just it. I thought I might be emailing him at the wrong place because he's always answering questions on here (S2000 Online), but that address you posted is the one I've been emailing too. Oh well, whatever, I'm going to continue to send him requests for stuff because he *IS* the best supplier, if he answers then cool - I will buy from him. If he doesn't, I'll buy elsewhere like I have done in the past.
Old 03-26-2001, 08:45 PM
Banned

Weird, well, I emailed him making sure that he sees this thread...he will be here tomorrow, I'm sure.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help...!
Old 03-26-2001, 08:48 PM

I wish that Gamperio would post prices of more stuff on his site for the S2000. That would be so cool. It would take some load off him too!
Old 03-26-2001, 08:50 PM
Banned

It's funny you mentioned that, because the http://www.s2000tuning.com site is being retooled as we speak...

You will hear when it is ready for the unveiling...it's going to be excellent.

Quick Reply: Spoon wheels on S2000? Pictures?