S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

spiders in car

Old 10-11-2008, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a bug land on my arm while stopped at a light today and I freaked out and went UGHHAAAHHH!!! The people next to me gave me a really weird look. I hate bugs!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:40 PM

i had this exact same problem.

i was so worried that a spider layed eggs in my car cause at one time for a week i had webs inside my car when i came out in the morning.

one place i THOUGHT where they might come from was when i open up the door there was a space inside the front fender and there was a lot of leaves and spider webs in it. i used a stick to clean some out and sprayed bug spray in there. i dont think they came back and i make sure i don't leave my door open for more than a few seconds incase they get in that way.

also i used to see spiders on my roof and stuff...but now it got a little chilly i dont see them anymore...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:35 AM

I hate spiders!

*Get a car cover...use it daily at night.

*Close all your vents at night, or when you plan on not driving the S for a long perid of time.

*Don't eat in your car...This may attract (other) bugs which may attract spiders.

*Vacuum vacuum vacuum consistantly!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg i think the worst is when bees are flying around your head when youre top down.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I once opened a box of oatmeal and ate a bowl for breakfast. The next morning, I took out the oatmeal to make another breakfast and noticed tiny little spiders in the box. I'm guessing that I had oatmeal and spiders for breakfast the previous morning. Didn't have a spidery taste but then again I don't really know what spiders taste like.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 PM

I have a jdm spider in on passenger side taillight!!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:58 PM

Old 10-12-2008, 08:10 PM

^ what he h&ll is that? I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT IT!

i do vacuum consistently. i may get a car cover, but when i pick-it-up it'll probably have spiders in there 2

i appreciate all of the suggestions. and EATING SPIDERS?! ew!!!

i am open to all of the suggestions i can get still; u all rock

~tina~
Old 10-13-2008, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by HolyRoller,Oct 11 2008, 02:29 PM
Why are the spiders in your car? I asked some of the spiders in my house and here's a sample of their answers:

They want to eat the clutch flywheel. (FLYwheel--get it? )

Another word for convertible is spider, or "spyder", so the real spiders feel entitled to move in. Not sure why they decided to call it that, maybe early one morning the inventor of the vert went out to his car and found spiders in it after leaving the top down all night. "This never happens with my coupe--I'll call this car a spider."

They know you have arachnophobia and they're f-ing with you on purpose. After you run away they roll around laughing and slap each other on the back with all eight legs.

You have a Harley in the garage too, maybe? Spiders have been known to take up with Hogs. Look for a web that says "SOME PIG."

But the consensus answer was--

Spiders, like everybody else, think S2000s are way cool and want to be seen in them.

Other than sweeping often, the only solution I can think of is what hariku said, try and get some dirt daubers. They look like wasps but they're harmless to humans and they eat spiders all day long.
They must have really liked mine then...
Old 10-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by S2KVITO,Oct 12 2008, 08:37 PM
I have a jdm spider in on passenger side taillight!!
Same. LOL.

Quick Reply: spiders in car