S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

spiders in car

Old 10-11-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hariku821,Oct 11 2008, 12:01 PM
What i would worry about is its effect on the human body of daily inhalation of bug spray.. lol
well with top down driving
that wont be MUCH of a problem
because she could spray it like at night with top up
and when she drives it the next day
top down and your fine

right..?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:25 PM

Unless they get in when she parks some ware. If she leaves the top down while parked they can get in easy.So you say put up the top spray go do your business when you get back put it down get in go home put it up when you get out agin spray take down when you get in and so on. How long will the top last doing this..
Old 10-11-2008, 12:46 PM

i dont know how good it is for the top or not
i dont have an s2000 yet

but we did have a audi tt quattro convertable
and whenever i drove it or anyone would drove it
it was usually always top down and then when we get anywhere we put it up..even in the garage because of the cat..it was only driven on nice days also

the top lasted for a long time and then it tore once at walmart which looked more like a knife tear..we replaced the top in 06

we had that car for like 6 years? and gave it to my uncle this past year.
but then again that is a different car

im not saying anything to attack back at you im just going with whatever little knowledge i may have...which may not be much :]
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 PM

I understand what your saying. But if you check around you will see that the s2k top is very prone to ware and putting it up and down alot will put it out of commission very quickly.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:53 PM

My top is off, and regular vacuuming is one way of ridding bugs. Using a cover will help but will not be tight as having top on and windows up. You drive a convertible, so ticks, fleas, spiders, and everything else getting in is possible. Keep some microfiber handy to pull critters when you find them, vacuum often, and use some mild insect flea, bug killer safe for carpeting and plastics. Ortho makes them odorless, go to home depot.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM

LOL i just had this same problem, but the S i purchased was sitting in a yard for 3 years. Try spiders and bee's nests
Old 10-11-2008, 02:01 PM

ya i've had one crawling on my arm. that one a freaked out a bit because it was almost in my shirt
Old 10-11-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

and it's weird that they always hang down right in front of your eyes. i almost got into an accident once too.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:29 PM

Why are the spiders in your car? I asked some of the spiders in my house and here's a sample of their answers:

They want to eat the clutch flywheel. (FLYwheel--get it? )

Another word for convertible is spider, or "spyder", so the real spiders feel entitled to move in. Not sure why they decided to call it that, maybe early one morning the inventor of the vert went out to his car and found spiders in it after leaving the top down all night. "This never happens with my coupe--I'll call this car a spider."

They know you have arachnophobia and they're f-ing with you on purpose. After you run away they roll around laughing and slap each other on the back with all eight legs.

You have a Harley in the garage too, maybe? Spiders have been known to take up with Hogs. Look for a web that says "SOME PIG."

But the consensus answer was--

Spiders, like everybody else, think S2000s are way cool and want to be seen in them.

Other than sweeping often, the only solution I can think of is what hariku said, try and get some dirt daubers. They look like wasps but they're harmless to humans and they eat spiders all day long.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spray an insectacide on your tires once or twice a week. This should keep the majority of bugs and spiders off your car. You could also secure two 2x4s to your garage floor and keep these boards treated with insectacide. Of course you will need to keep your car parked atop these two boards'. I could work and would be worth a try.

Quick Reply: spiders in car