S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

spiders in car

Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question spiders in car

move this if u have 2; but i need exposure!

k 1st, i have the WORST case of arachnophobia & should be in the guinness book

every car i have ever owned somehow gets spiders in it. i know they can make their way in. in my 4 cars, i have had probably 10 instances when i am driving & one appears. my cars are always extremely clean inside & out. guess that makes for a desirable home

it is unsafe for this 2 happen 2 me b/c i cannot remain calm. i have jumped-out @ intersections & put the hazards on, swerved, etc. it is an awful fear!

anyway, i always park in the garage w/the top up/windows closed. i also drive a mile or 2 before i put the top down to blow any of just in case

i just bombed the garage with 7 bombs & the only evidence of a living thing was in my car. thank goodness i was in the process of parking.

k story over, i assume w/my luck they will always come in. is there anything i can put in the car to stop them or kill them once they are there?

laugh it up! but i am looking-out for safeness! imagine if one were afraid of snakes & one popped-up while driving; same thing.

THANX!

~tina~
Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Put frogs in the car - they will eat the spiders.

What kind of spiders? You'll have to know what you have to know why its there.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 AM

How big are these spiders? I have heard of mice making a nest in the cabin filter ( but that was in an rsx) so it may be possible for a spider to get in that way? Are their spiders in your house? One year i had alot in my house i would see 2-3 every day. Im not afraid of them one crawled across my face at night and i woke up to see it scury down the wall into a crack and just went back to sleep. If they dont bite me i don't care. Any way if your house or gerage had alot of them and that prompted you to bomb it then the car may have had some eggs/small spiders in it and they were the ones that lived and you may not have a problem after those are gone.

The only time i have had spiders in my car was when the house was full of them to after we killed the ones in the house by spraying the perimeter with questionable chemicals all spiders/bugs were just gone. My dogs havent even had flees for years. Oh i live out in the country down a gravel road just so you dont think im the wierd guy in the city with all the bugs

you could get a lizard to eat them. let it live in your car
Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 AM

wow
id freak out too
i couldnt imagine seeing a bigass spider while driving

wouldnt end well
Old 10-11-2008, 09:21 AM

Yea...i hate spiders..

id say...make sure your garage or wherever you park is free of spiders. I know i had some black widows in mine and i spray regularly and....no more! they never made it in the S tho.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:25 AM

hey guys, thanx.

saki-they, no matter the state, tend to always be house spiders, like brown or yellow ~dime-sized. ICK

hariku-i moved to PA temporarily for now, & in a detached garage. my home in orlando was spider-free & paid a lot monthly for extermination; i parked the 's' in there top down every nite w/no problems. one made it into my 'z' there, though. i don't know why i am such a target.

autosid-thanx 4 being empathetic! lol

there has 2 be a product out there. ugh hate it to spiders

~tina~
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 AM

nate-i could live in a town where noone has seen a spider 4 10 years, & it will end-up in my car. this happens only like 1x/year, but that is 2 MUCH. i pay people to make my areas spider free. they could have entered somewhere other than a garage, 2. i just want them 2 DIE!

~tina~
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 AM

im pretty sure there is a product out there
(im no exterminator) so i dont know of it.

but im sure it will make your car stink or somthing
so the real challenge is
something that doesnt stink yet kills your spiders...hmm

i wonder if there is like a "car specific" bug killer

hmm
Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 AM

u know what? my car still smells new. i don't even use air fresheners b/c i love the smell. i would be willing 2 have it smell like pesticide though i swear 2 stop this!

~tina~
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 AM

well then
wrap up your seats or take em out

wrap up lil things you wont want to reak

and bomb the hell out of it..
or just call your local orkin man

Quick Reply: spiders in car